Device name missing from the drop down list in the events screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device name missing from the drop down list in the events screen

A new z-wave device is connected to my HS3 S2 controller. It shows up on the home screen list as 'LED Christmas Tree Lights'. It does not show up on the drop down list that is below the 'Control a Device' command. What have I done wrong or missed?

It will only show devices, not Features. You select the device and then it gives you the oppurtunity to select a feature of a device.
    tenholde

Comment

Where do I select the device?

Comment

It should be in that second dropdown on your last image. Are you saying the dropdown is empty?
        HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
        68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by ArtM View Post
          A new z-wave device is connected to my HS3 S2 controller. It shows up on the home screen list as 'LED Christmas Tree Lights'. It does not show up on the drop down list that is below the 'Control a Device' command. What have I done wrong or missed?
          Try refreshing the Events webpage if the device was just created.
          -Wade

Comment

I Should have included this image with my post. Had to figure out how to save it as it kept disappearing when I tried to capture it with the snipping tool. LED Christmas Tree Lights does not show up in the list where I expected it to be. I have refreshed the page many times and it hasn't made a difference.

Comment

What type of device is it? It may not be included correctly or perhaps not supported by HS. The device in the image in your first post is a root device and doesn't have controls (on, off, dim, etc.) that would be in the child device you would expect to see in the event drop-down list. You might try to rescan the device on the z-wave tab and see if proper child device(s) are created.
              -Wade

Comment

The device is a Leviton DZPA1 plug-in appliance module. You may be right. It may not be enrolled correctly. I have had the HS3 Zee S2 controller for a few years but it has been controlling X10 modules I had for over 30 years. This is my first attempt at using a z-wave device.

Comment

I re-scanned the device. See attached

Comment

I did the rescan over and have more information but don't know what it means.

Comment

I don't have any experience with that device, and google isn't turning up much in relation to HS--as I'm sure you've already discovered. Hopefully other forum members will chime in with their experiences.

One last thought from me...if you're including the node using secure mode, try removing it and re-include non-secure. Secure mode is flaky and a lot of people have had issues with it.
                      -Wade

Comment

Thanks to everyone who offered help. I've got it mostly working.

Comment

Working...
                        X