HS4 UI extremely slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 UI extremely slow

HS4 User Interface is extremely slow for me lately. Restart doesn't help. Tried to modify 6 events tonight. It's like waiting for the paint to dry. Parade of messages bottom left of the screen such as...

Waiting for 192.168.1.212 (the IP address of HS4 computer)
    Waiting for cache ....
    Waiting for .....
    Waiting for available socket
    Waiting for kit.fontsawsome.com (not sure exactly what it was but something to do with nice fonts)

Does anyone else experience something like that and what is the cure?

Thanks,

Which browser are you using? Are you running any AV software that may be scanning files being loaded?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thedude View Post
      HS4 User Interface is extremely slow for me lately. Restart doesn't help. Tried to modify 6 events tonight. It's like waiting for the paint to dry. Parade of messages bottom left of the screen such as...

Waiting for 192.168.1.212 (the IP address of HS4 computer)
      Waiting for cache ....
      Waiting for .....
      Waiting for available socket
      Waiting for kit.fontsawsome.com (not sure exactly what it was but something to do with nice fonts)

Does anyone else experience something like that and what is the cure?

Thanks,
      Which HW are you using?

---
      John

Comment

Browser is Google Chrome that loads any other than HS4 pages momentarily even if I have 10 or 20 windows open at the same time.
        It runs on my office computer not on HS4 computer.
        HS4 computer is a desktop HP tower likely 3-4 years old running Windows 10. Notably nothing else than HS4 runs on HS4 computer.

Comment

I've noticed this as well... seems to have happened with the last update. It was fine prior to that. My office light motion event is no longer turning on the light like it used to either.. It seems everything is slower whether the UI is up and running or not. On the browser, it seems to get stuck on "waiting for available socket..." -- just kinda hangs there.

Comment

macromark

I closed the ticket , but asked to reopen it.Yeah here too. And the html seems broken when editing anything on hs4 . Please see ticket # HSCS-3506.

Comment

I noticed improved overall performance of HS4 incl web UI when I deleted HS4 log file. Still early to draw a conclusion but will watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns

I tried to look at that ticket, but nothing is found.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	G14 Classified.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1445485

Comment

Originally posted by mjgtp View Post
                  I've noticed this as well... seems to have happened with the last update. It was fine prior to that. My office light motion event is no longer turning on the light like it used to either.. It seems everything is slower whether the UI is up and running or not. On the browser, it seems to get stuck on "waiting for available socket..." -- just kinda hangs there.
                  I too am having issues of late (like the last 5 days). I am running on an old laptop (2.4GHz Core-Duo CPU with 8GB RAM and SSD) - with a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro installed. ALL FLUFF removed from the OS, and nothing else installed except HS4 and the Windows AV software for Win7 (Microsoft Security Essentials)

When I first installed HS4 Pro to the laptop - I was amazed at how fast it was. Now it seems as I am adding DEVICES - the slower it goes. I am wanting to move over from SmartThings to HS4 - but the GUI has become painful.

Comment

Tracker software can interfere because there are several font sites that conceal their intent as trackers, but if you're running Chrome...

Comment

Originally posted by sleeve View Post
                      Tracker software can interfere because there are several font sites that conceal their intent as trackers, but if you're running Chrome...
                      Sleeve,

Please elaborate. The laptop only has Windows 7 Pro (x86) intalled - bare minimum apps/features installed. All Updates from MS (which included the new MS EDGE (and IE is disabled)).

It is becoming painful. If I reboot the laptop - which I have created an icon on the desktop to do this - as I am usually connected to it via Remote Desktop - and cannot reboot Windows 7 when connected that way. I have it setup to auto-restart HS4 when it reboots. After the reboot - it appears to be back to normal - but about 24 hours later it is again slowed down.

I have insured that there are no extensions enabled in EDGE...and it is set to not allow them to install without my consent.

Curtis

Comment

Experience the same problem here. It seems that how more devices/events you have the slower the HS4 webinterface is getting

Walter

Comment

Do you guys have email setup in HS4. We recently had a user that had hundreds of unread emails that HS4 was trying to parse slowing his system down to a crawl.

-Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            Do you guys have email setup in HS4. We recently had a user that had hundreds of unread emails that HS4 was trying to parse slowing his system down to a crawl.
                            Hi Rupp,

My system dont check any e-mail. Its disabled. But thanks for the hint.

Walter

Comment

Working...
                            X