HS4 UI extremely slow - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 UI extremely slow - Solution!

HS4 User Interface is extremely slow for me lately. Restart doesn't help. Tried to modify 6 events tonight. It's like waiting for the paint to dry. Parade of messages bottom left of the screen such as...

Waiting for 192.168.1.212 (the IP address of HS4 computer)
    Waiting for cache ....
    Waiting for .....
    Waiting for available socket
    Waiting for kit.fontsawsome.com (not sure exactly what it was but something to do with nice fonts)

Does anyone else experience something like that and what is the cure?

Thanks,

Which browser are you using? Are you running any AV software that may be scanning files being loaded?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Browser is Google Chrome that loads any other than HS4 pages momentarily even if I have 10 or 20 windows open at the same time.
      It runs on my office computer not on HS4 computer.
      HS4 computer is a desktop HP tower likely 3-4 years old running Windows 10. Notably nothing else than HS4 runs on HS4 computer.

Comment

I noticed improved overall performance of HS4 incl web UI when I deleted HS4 log file. Still early to draw a conclusion but will watch it.

Comment

Do you guys have email setup in HS4. We recently had a user that had hundreds of unread emails that HS4 was trying to parse slowing his system down to a crawl.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For anyone else running into this after running HS4 for 1+ years on a Pi, deleting the log file cleared up the slowness issue for me:
            ssh to your Pi
            rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd

The log viewer and processing is horrendous in HomeSeer. They should switch to a different database.

Comment

I have a slow UI when I open events. If I turn the Z-Wave plugin off- it runs fine. I think the HS team is aware.
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                I have a slow UI when I open events. If I turn the Z-Wave plugin off- it runs fine. I think the HS team is aware.
                Ah, I have noticed loading Events has seemed a lot slower lately. Guess that's probably why. Thanks.

Comment

Same overhere. Event loading takes around 8 sec.

Comment

Originally posted by wallee View Post
                    Same overhere. Event loading takes around 8 sec.
                    If you disable your Z-wave plugin- does that fix it? I assume you have that plug in?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

did not make any difference for me.

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

If you disable your Z-wave plugin- does that fix it? I assume you have that plug in?

Comment

Disabling the v4 beta Z-Wave plug-in shaves a few seconds off the Events page performance. With it on/enabled, it's taking 19 seconds for the Events page to load (I have 158 devices, 108 events, according to the About page). With the beta plug-in disabled, it takes 16 seconds.

I recently deleted some virtual devices and needed to clean up the affected events. Deleting a single event is taking 16-19 seconds, which is really slowing me down.

Comment

Originally posted by windracer View Post
                          Disabling the v4 beta Z-Wave plug-in shaves a few seconds off the Events page performance. With it on/enabled, it's taking 19 seconds for the Events page to load (I have 158 devices, 108 events, according to the About page). With the beta plug-in disabled, it takes 16 seconds.

I recently deleted some virtual devices and needed to clean up the affected events. Deleting a single event is taking 16-19 seconds, which is really slowing me down.
                          Mine goes from like 20 seconds with the plugin enable to essentially instant.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                          X