Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User properties: What is "Use When Local"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User properties: What is "Use When Local"?

After upgrading to HS4 from HS3 I lost access from MyHS. HS Support tells me this is because the user account for MyHS did not get recreated as an "admin+local" user within HS4. I manually created an HS4 user with the exact same credentials I have always used to access MyHS. Now both remote and local access from HS Mobile works, but I did lose all my HS Mobile settings which was an unpleasant surprise.

My question now is this: what is meant by "local access" as a user property? I couldn't get an answer from Support. There's an option to "Use When Local" but it only applies to a single user within HS4 so that doesn't sound like what we need.

During all this wasted time today I realized there's no real documentation on any of this stuff. The KB article on user accounts just has a screen shot with no explanations of anything beyond the field/icon names.

@MrPCHead
    My question now is this: what is meant by "local access" as a user property? I couldn't get an answer from Support. There's an option to "Use When Local" but it only applies to a single user within HS4 so that doesn't sound like what we need.
    You need at least one LOCAL Admin user before you delete the user "default" from the system otherwise you will loose access to the system!
    • Now follow the instructions in the images below to access and recreate the users again:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Users.png Views:	0 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	1442143

Click image for larger version  Name:	User 2.png Views:	0 Size:	247.1 KB ID:	1442144

Note : You Need To Give Yourself LOCAL Admin Rights before You Can Delete The "default" User Account

Welcome To HomeSeer!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
    X