HS4 - Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 - Guide

Good evening everyone. I have recently updated HS3 with HS4. Where can I find a guide for using the various functions? Thanks

I have searched without luck.
    This is the closest I have found: General - HS4 - HomeSeer Docs
    The scripting area is blank.

Really, at least functionally, HS4 hasn't changed much.
    I reference the HS3 docs found: QuickStart | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)
    Scripting refs can be found here: Scripting | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)

wrb

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      I have searched without luck.
      This is the closest I have found: General - HS4 - HomeSeer Docs
      The scripting area is blank.

Really, at least functionally, HS4 hasn't changed much.
      I reference the HS3 docs found: QuickStart | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)
      Scripting refs can be found here: Scripting | HelpConsole 7 (homeseer.com)

wrb
      +1.

In my mind, hs4 is more an hs3 3.1 (after 548 minor release) version than an 4.1 .

I have a feeling that hs5 (with an upgrade fee) will ‘’soon’’ replace the hs4 wrapper of hs3.
      Or at least it will stay hs4 (but should have still been called hs3 ) and the company just need money , which in a way can be understandable.

It would just have been nice to see some transparency from hst. I personally would have been happy to pay 50$-60$ , without the hs4 fuzz, and still call it Hs3. 3.1 (or 3.2 as they wish)

Comment

+5 I would be happy to pay a annual subscription fee for amazing new features with great documentation.................. the Move to HS4 has been time intensive....

the lack of documentation has cost me a lot of time..... after 3 weeks I still can't get HSTouch to work...... While HS4 is a new tool there are just enough changes to make it challenging you wind up trolling the forum for those nuggets ..... Fortunately the community provides amazing support.... without the people here in this forum Homeseer would fail like so many other wanna be control systems...

You gotta love Home Automation to swim in these waters.... THe people in this forum make the effort worth it....

Devoir

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information

Max

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

+1.

In my mind, hs4 is more an hs3 3.1 (after 548 minor release) version than an 4.1 .

I have a feeling that hs5 (with an upgrade fee) will ‘’soon’’ replace the hs4 wrapper of hs3.
            Or at least it will stay hs4 (but should have still been called hs3 ) and the company just need money , which in a way can be understandable.

It would just have been nice to see some transparency from hst. I personally would have been happy to pay 50$-60$ , without the hs4 fuzz, and still call it Hs3. 3.1 (or 3.2 as they wish)
            I paid for the HS4 license but would never pay a subscription unless there were MAJOR changes to how they treat the customers and start delivering true product improvements (proper scene mgmt, house modes, If-Then-Else, good/included dashboard like HA's Lovelace, etc) . And, HST is as far from transparent as possible - the least community engaged products company I've ever known.

I will not migrate to HS4 for a while since HST's history has shown waiting a year after release is the min time to allow for the largest bugs to get worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxFox View Post
              Good evening everyone. I have recently updated HS3 with HS4. Where can I find a guide for using the various functions? Thanks
              Hi Max - I would recommend jumping to the 'core features' section of the online help files here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS4/Core+Features

We are transitioning documentation from HelpScout to Confluence, so some of the items (like scripting documentation) have not yet been moved. If you're missing something specific, let me know or drop a note to support@homeseer.com.
              Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Hi Max - I would recommend jumping to the 'core features' section of the online help files here: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS4/Core+Features

We are transitioning documentation from HelpScout to Confluence, so some of the items (like scripting documentation) have not yet been moved. If you're missing something specific, let me know or drop a note to support@homeseer.com.

Thanks. I understand very well the work you have to face and that it is not easy. Thank you for the link.

Comment

Working...
                X