I'm thinking about switching from Hubitat to Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about switching from Hubitat to Homeseer

Main reason for switching is z wave performance on hubitat C5 hub is random. I know make sure your z wave mesh is good. That's not the problem, the C5 zwave antenna sucks. Really the C5 hub just has crappy hardware. OTA updates on Hubitat you need to be on top of the device to make it happen same device with a z stick and I can be rooms away. Also the the c5 just becomes slow, support will say it's a user app even if you don't have any installed. I'm wondering how good Homeseer Z wave is even with non Z wave plus devices I'd like to be able to use some of my older devices. I have non zwave plus door locks that work fine with control4 and even vera but are terrible with Hubitat since day 1. Even with all z wave plus devices on the network hubitat z wave is still random. For less then the price of replacing the door locks I can just buy Homeseer pro if I need pro. I really like the fact that I can choose the hardware I run my home automation on and not being stuck with some cheap $10.00 to manufacture hub that they charge over $100.00 for.

Most of my z-wave devices are older ones and I have had no problem with regards to HomeSeer communicating with them. I have about 30 Evolve and GE/Jasco wall switches, 4 of the older GE ceiling fan wall switches, a few plugin lamp and appliance modules, a couple GE receptacles, 2 contact closures (one operates the garage door) and an old Wayne Dalton unit.

You can do the 30 day trial with HomeSeer and see how things work for you. You may not need the extra cost of Pro. The free plugins are only the HomeSeer created ones. So look at the cost of those and the other extras you would use and see if Pro is right for you. You can always upgrade to Pro later. I did.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Purchase a free trial license for HS4, grab one of our SmartSticks (or compatible Z-Wave Plus stick) and give it a try in you home. Door locks (especially non Z-Wave Plus one) can be pretty picky about range, network traffic and software... so that would be a good test. If it works well for you, lots of folks just license the software and run it on their own hardware. If you'd rather have a canned solution, one of our hubs should work well for you. Our little guy (HomeTroller Pi) is powered by a Raspberry Pi3 computer so it is quite a bit beefier than your C5 hub.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Best decision I made! My life did a 180 after getting rid of the alpha Hubitat crap!

Comment

Working...
        X