Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discovery of "things" on my network - help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery of "things" on my network - help?

So, I have been using HomeSeer for a couple of years now and like it quite a bit. However, I had an extra Pi 4 laying around one day a few months ago and so I decided to put Home Assistant on it and give it a run. I actually found some stuff I liked over there and I was wondering if there are equivalent plugins over here at HomeSeer. As an example Home Assistant automatically found a ton of items on my network and with a couple of clicks I was able to "see" them and monitor data from each of those things - such as a HP printer (status, ink supply levels) - Samsung pinter (status, toner levels), TCL Roku TV's (status, what is playing, control power and more) - Denon AV Receiver - Philips Hue - and on and on... I found that it was very easy to find (it found them) and set these thigs up on Home Assistant. I own HS4 Pro and when I upgraded from HS3 it broke most everything. Now that I will be building HS4 from scratch I am looking for pointers and would really like to see some of the HA stuff that I had never seen before on HS.

Have a look at BLLan or Jon00's network monitor
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
      Thanks!

I added the printers for starters. It works and is now reporting their online status. Anything that might monitor and report ink levels and such?

Comment

Originally posted by rdscuba View Post

Thanks!

I added the printers for starters. It works and is now reporting their online status. Anything that might monitor and report ink levels and such?
        The nearest to this would be to use a SNMP plugin but you would need to find the Manufacturers OID for each metric you wish to display.
        Jon

Comment

Working...
        X