Clear All

• goldriver
    replied
    yes they have a Ios and Android app thta works perfectly

Leave a comment:

• sifuhall
    replied
    Originally posted by goldriver View Post
    My opinion, don't go with Ring, I had a Ring Pro for about 6 months, it was laging, image was blured and network was very slow. Replaced the 3 ones I had with the Amcrest doorbell, cheaper, a lot faster on wifi and big plus, they can be configured to become part of my BlueIris videosurveillance system since they are not on a propriatary protocol, you can grab the h 264 URL

https://amcrest.com/smarthome-2-mega...dio-ad110.html
    Thank you. Can you use a smartphone to view and speak to someone with Amcrest?

Leave a comment:

• goldriver
    replied
    My opinion, don't go with Ring, I had a Ring Pro for about 6 months, it was laging, image was blured and network was very slow. Replaced the 3 ones I had with the Amcrest doorbell, cheaper, a lot faster on wifi and big plus, they can be configured to become part of my BlueIris videosurveillance system since they are not on a propriatary protocol, you can grab the h 264 URL

https://amcrest.com/smarthome-2-mega...dio-ad110.html

Leave a comment:

• dmiller
    replied
    A typical non-entry level home automation user may want to look at Ubiquiti for networking and cameras. The UDM Pro router can have a disk drive added for camera video.

There's a Ubiquiti homeseer plugin that I haven't used. Using Blue Iris is by far the most common camera recording software for people wanting a full camera system. There is also a popular Blue Iris plugin.

Leave a comment:

• sifuhall
    started a topic Stay with Google Nest or move to Ring?

Stay with Google Nest or move to Ring?

I currently use Google Assistant with Homeseer (for Nest Cameras and Google Hubs) and I have no complaints.

However, I will be moving to a new home soon and want to use more cameras, doorbells, etc and I would like them all to work well with Homeseer.

Should I stick with Google and Nest or would it be better to move to Amazon and use Alexa and Ring?
Working...
X