Aeotec's new Temperature and Humidity Sensor-"aerQ"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post

I don't understand why the HS folks are trying to build their own zigbee functionality. They aren't leveraging deconz or other existing tools, and the experience is not very good. Maybe the could pay Wim to support his excellent plug and make it part of the baseline package. It would be better use of resources than the existing effort.

Agreed 1000%. Spud is a great programmer, but it's obvious his attention is being pulled to other issues/projects. The Zigbee ecosystem is a mature and huge market, it will take them forever to catch up to support all the devices being used by a majority of folks.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

I use aliexpress exclusively and just get it the cheapest way possible. It can take weeks to get. However I never choose to get them shipped from RU, ES or anywhere else. Just get the ones coming from China whether you use gearbest or aliexpress. IMO
      Originally posted by TC1 View Post

I order from Gearbest all the time, no need for special shipping. As racerfern said, just don't expect Amazon delivery times. They do provide tracking updates, just be patient.
      Thanks, I will give either gearbest or aliexpress a try. I am looking at the Aqara motion sensor battery (cr2450). They can be as much as $5-6/battery (e.g. Target and Amazon). For 2 years, that may not be too bad though.

Any good place to buy reasonably priced cr2450 batteries for the motion sensors?

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post

Thanks, I will give either gearbest or aliexpress a try. I am looking at the Aqara motion sensor battery (cr2450). They can be as much as $5-6/battery (e.g. Target and Amazon). For 2 years, that may not be too bad though.

Any good place to buy reasonably priced cr2450 batteries for the motion sensors?
        https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cr2450&ref=nb_sb_noss

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Agreed 1000%. Spud is a great programmer, but it's obvious his attention is being pulled to other issues/projects. The Zigbee ecosystem is a mature and huge market, it will take them forever to catch up to support all the devices being used by a majority of folks.
          is Spud part of Homeseer? I thought he was a third party developer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post

is Spud part of Homeseer? I thought he was a third party developer.
            He's taken over several official HS plug-ins, so either they hired him or he's a contract worker.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I searched in duckduckgo and found some links, but didn't see Amazon one you shared. Guess I should have started there 😃.

Thank you!

Comment

Any luck getting the aerQ working well? I now have three I'm trying to setup and I'm not getting regular temp readings...

Comment

Working...
                X