Is Homeseer closed or out of business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Homeseer closed or out of business?

I'm trying to have my license moved to a different account since I sold my house and left the Homeseer system.

I have been emailing support since December 12th and have sent several emails since, but I can't get a reply. Yesterday, I called and left a message.

I'm assuming that Homeseer is either closed or out of business since I can't get a response. Has anyone else been able to get in touch with anyone there? I'm a little concerned because I was hoping to use Homeseer in my new house.

I received a response to my December ticket on the 13th, so they are working, but contact is quite sparse and takes quite a bit of time getting responses. Not sure if it's holidays, Covid, lack of resources, or just busy.
    |
    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Couture View Post
      I'm trying to have my license moved to a different account since I sold my house and left the Homeseer system.

I have been emailing support since December 12th and have sent several emails since, but I can't get a reply. Yesterday, I called and left a message.

I'm assuming that Homeseer is either closed or out of business since I can't get a response. Has anyone else been able to get in touch with anyone there? I'm a little concerned because I was hoping to use Homeseer in my new house.
      Did you put in a support ticket? If so what is the ticket ID and I'll have a look?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

The email chain has HSSALES-1023 in the subject. I didn't submit a ticket because the instructions said to email sales@homeseer.com. I actually just checked and started the conversation on Nov. 20th but didn't have the new email to assign the licenses to until December 29th. I replied on December 29th, again on Jan 7th and Monday as well. Good to hear that it's just a delay and not something more. Been a Homeseer user for many, many years and love the product.

Wouldn't be much of an issue but the new homeowner want's to get Alexa working and needs to be able to get my.hs set up to do so.

Comment

I've asked Jon to look at this again. It appears that ticket was closed out because you didn't response from the 20th of Nov until December 29th. When tickets go for more than 30 days they are normally closed out.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Something to consider. There have been many posts like this and it is getting concerning. HST performs so much marketing but yet doesn’t respond to their customers in a reasonable time. I bet there have been customers that walked away because they couldn’t resolve some basic issues. That doesn’t make sense.

The other day I attempted to reset my myHS password and it returned with a error something like “An error occurred (error 1)”. What the heck is that supposed to mean? Sure it is a good idea to code errors such that support can have an idea to what happened? But why make a process such that HomeSeer support is required? Why not design the process such that a user can resolve the issue themselves? To get to that point one needs to create error messages such that a person can interpret the root issue. There are too many error messages in software that are way too cryptic...

Maybe I am on a rant. But, there is a valuable message here. If you’re challenged with support calls, then maybe you’ve designed software or business process such that it is too dependent on a support team. Automate, empower the user to fix the issue themselves!

Now I understand that restaurant’s, movie theaters, and the like have business challenges during COVID. But, I would think that HST could continue doing business as is in a remote fashion. I don’t get it.

HST - If you need resources then speak up! I bet that there are people here that are more than willing to help out. We have vested interest in keeping this going....
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
              X