Solar Powered Outdoor wifi Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Powered Outdoor wifi Camera

Does anybody have any recommendations for an outdoor, solar powered, wifi camera (ideally with zoom and pan) which can be integrated with HomeSeer? I looked at the HS Outdoor camera and it is not solar powered. I have a situation where I need to mount a camera in a location where power is not available nor is likely to be.

Thanks

There are many in the forum much smarter than I am when it comes to this. I think other than HS ones Foscam/Amcrest may be the only ones that should integrate with auto discovery...though my models didn't except when hardwired. The little bit I've started to work on this I learned 2 things. If you have more than 1 or 2 you probably want to run something like Blue Iris coupled with the plugin for it on a separate server. It's very processor and interface intensive. Two, a really smart guy on the forum pointed out a relatively new Blue Iris feature called substreams. It use much less BW/CPU.

So my recommendation would be to look at Blue Iris supported cameras.

I'm actually surprised how many of the solar cameras are on Amazon. My only thought on them is a few have a separate solar panel vs. one fixed to the camera. Depending on where you need it that might be handy.

Comment

There are also DIY guides on the web for building your own solar power supply for a camera. If you're inclined to such a project it would allow you to use most any wifi camera, although choosing a 12V camera might give the most battery options.
      -Wade

Comment

Working...
      X