Device addressing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device addressing ?

Is there a document or other info that explains how Homeseer devices are addressed and how this matches up to the plugin? I am specifically wondering about OMNI plugin. Thanks.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "how Homeseer devices are addressed"? Each device is assigned a unique numeric device ID. Is that what you are looking for?
    For questions concerning a specific plug-in, you are more likely to get a knowledgeable response if you ask the question in the forum for that plug-in.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Nearly all of my devices have a two part code and a reference ID. Most of my codes are "q" followed by a number. Reference IDs are mostly in the 300s range. I'm not seeing any logical mapping that makes sense between this and my Omni board PCA software. It works but I'm curious more than anything. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
        I'm not seeing any logical mapping that makes sense between this and my Omni board PCA software. It works but I'm curious more than anything.
        I doubt that there is any logical algorithm that connects the two. The HS RefID#s are assigned in the order the devices are created in HS, which is very unlikely to have anything to do with the codes assigned by the Omni.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
          Nearly all of my devices have a two part code and a reference ID. Most of my codes are "q" followed by a number. Reference IDs are mostly in the 300s range. I'm not seeing any logical mapping that makes sense between this and my Omni board PCA software. It works but I'm curious more than anything. Thanks.
          There wont be any visible mapping between the OMNI devices and HS devices. That data is stored in PED and is behind-the-scenes.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
          X