Reasoning beyond HomeSeer Updates that I do not understand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasoning beyond HomeSeer Updates that I do not understand

This has been happening since I remember, there must be a reason beyond why it works this way. You start HS, while it starts and do his things, an update dialog starts up. The dialog does not give you a choice to abort or continue. It will start the updates while HS is trying to start. Then, the update realize that HS is starting and try to terminate it in the middle of restarting. It does not make any sense to me, why we do not have an option before it start to update? I think something went wrong during the last update because of that.

It's been this way since the auto update check was introduced. If I'm ready to update I simply shut down HS and the Speaker client and accept the update otherwise I cancel the update. You can also accept the update and it will prompt you to shut down HS and the speaker client. The reason there is no option to check the updates is because HS has to be running to kick off the check for updates executable. You can run this manually if you'd like by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4 and running HS4Updater.exe on Windows.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X