Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery devices not changing status

Hello,
    I've searched all over for the answer to my question, and feel like I must be missing something simple. I have several z-wave plus battery devices that are not showing a change of status when they should be, and I'm wondering what I need to do to correct that. A good example of this would be a recessed front door sensor (AOTEC recessed door sensor gen 5 model ZW089-A), which added to the network no problem, but now doesn't change state when it is activated.

I just moved over from Smartthings, and besides not being able to use webcore, this has been the only hiccup I've had.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Look on your main device setting and see if "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is checked.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      Look on your main device setting and see if "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" is checked.
      Thanks, I tried that and it didn't seem to change much except the time listed on the device graphic block.

I read up on the directions about waking the devices and proving that they are communicating, and got each device successfully talking over zwave to Homeseer. After optimizing the zwave network, I checked operation again, and no improvement. I removed the 5 battery devices from the system, optimized it again, then began adding them back in. 3 of the 5 devices worked correctly, 2 did not, and they have been left out of the system.

It seems like there may have been a hardware issue, as the two monoprice recessed door sensors didn't want to play nice with everything else, and were creating multiple devices when being added. Since they arent critical to what im doing, they wont be used in the near future.

Appreciate the help, and have a great night.

Rob

Comment

I have had issues with monoprice recessed door sensors not always reporting. I have 8 of them. A few ALWAYS work PERFECTLY and 3 or 4 others occasionally don't register the door has closed. They are also pretty poor on accurate battery level reporting. You are probably right about it being a HW issue....

Comment

All my Monoprice sensors have the same issue, both surface and recessed. Some of them report properly, some of them only report on wake (open/close/tamper). I've tried all the typical fixes (remove, rescan, etc), nothing works. I also think it's a Monoprice hardware issue.

Comment

After much frustration, I decided to change out the z-wave Nortek usb stick to an Aotec one. I decided to start over completely with my zwave network, and battery devices have been reporting correctly as the status changes. It was a bit of a chore getting everything going again, but now I seem to have a rock solid infrastructure. Bonus is the Aotec stick can remove z-wave devices remotely once removed with a simple button push and placed within close proximity to the end device. Amazon has two for $50 at the moment, and seems to be problem free so far. Adding battery devices non-secure once reattached to the hub seems to have removed any device status update delays, and Homeseer claims that once the new build is complete you can specify which child device will hold the primary graphic(which also shows the last update time).

Thanks to all for the help, its greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X