Best way to have event send a text...not a push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to have event send a text...not a push

I use things like HSBuddy to pop messages up on my phone to confirm events have happened. While not always, most of these are related to geofence events and I am in a vehicle. The problem is that Apple CarPlay won't let you see them so you have to be looking at your phone to know which message was sent. I think there's one if you have modem or other gateway connected, but I don't.

At first glance I see a free plugin that works through Twilio as the only option...some reviews of Twilio aren't exactly stellar on several levels.

Does anybody have their best approach to this?

For instance, is there a way to access a carriers texting pages from inside HS4? I'm guessing they all have them. I know AT&T / Verizon do.

Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    I use things like HSBuddy to pop messages up on my phone to confirm events have happened. While not always, most of these are related to geofence events and I am in a vehicle. The problem is that Apple CarPlay won't let you see them so you have to be looking at your phone to know which message was sent. I think there's one if you have modem or other gateway connected, but I don't.

At first glance I see a free plugin that works through Twilio as the only option...some reviews of Twilio aren't exactly stellar on several levels.

Does anybody have their best approach to this?

For instance, is there a way to access a carriers texting pages from inside HS4? I'm guessing they all have them. I know AT&T / Verizon do.
    It can have a bit of a delay, but you can send an email to most carriers that will resend it as a text message. Verizon for example:

9495551212@vtext.com

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That's how I do it and it's very quick. For Google Fi users it's 1234567890@msg.fi.google.com

Comment

randy & racerfern ...THANKS! Perfect. I'll look into that.

Comment

Working...
        X