Z-Wave LED Light Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave LED Light Bulbs

What has happened to all of the Z-Wave LED bulbs that use to be on the market. Everywhere I have looked they are out of stock with no ETA for restocking. The only source seems to be E-Bay.

Good question. My struggles with my Zigbee bulbs is pushing me to find Zwave Bulbs. So far no luck.

Comment

I think most people want the ability to control the switch rather than a bulb. Many times if a automated bulbs switch is turned off it's not controllable so these kind of lost favor in place of the automated switches.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp I agree. The use case here is that I have 2 Bedroom lamps on the nightstands. I need control at the bulb level since a failure to turn off the lamp via voice/app will result in me having to get out of the bed, crawl underneath the bed and unplug/plug in the light. So NO wall warts for me in this case and the lamps are NOT controlled by switch.

zwave is pretty stable so but the Wink system hasn't been the best at being stable. I'm hoping HomeSeer will proof differently now that I'm back to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I think most people want the ability to control the switch rather than a bulb. Many times if a automated bulbs switch is turned off it's not controllable so these kind of lost favor in place of the automated switches.
          Actually I think most people want both. An automated bulb that lets you control color and/or color temperature plus a switch that is intuitive to use to provide simple on/off/dim plus a few predefined colors and/or color temperature "scenes". Hue and Sengled kind of do this with Zigbee except their swithches are non-standard sizes that won't fit into ganged wall plates and are battery instead of AC so no LED indicators on them. Zwave bulbs are rare and Zwave licensing is too expensive to work at the per bulb level. Best option is probably a Zwave switch that uses extra buttons or multi-taps to control Zigbee bulbs wired so the bulbs are always powered.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

Best option is probably a Zwave switch that uses extra buttons or multi-taps to control Zigbee bulbs wired so the bulbs are always powered.
            ...and you just described the Inovelli Red Series Dimmers, they have a feature called "Smart Bulb Mode" which enables you to keep the load 100% powered no matter what the dimmer does.

https://inovelli.com/red-series-dimmer-switch-z-wave/

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

...and you just described the Inovelli Red Series Dimmers, they have a feature called "Smart Bulb Mode" which enables you to keep the load 100% powered no matter what the dimmer does.

https://inovelli.com/red-series-dimmer-switch-z-wave/

Those are definitely nice. Would like to see an example where somebody has written events in Homeseer to keep the LED in sync with the colors of your Zigbee lights. For example three taps on the switch and both the Zigbee lights and the LED on the switch turn blue. Tell Alexa to make the lights white and both the Zigbee bulbs and the switch LED turn white.

Comment

Apparently they're not very popular. I recently placed an order for some product from zwaveproducts.com and they packed one of these bulbs to take up the space in the box. Nice!
                https://www.zwaveproducts.com/collec...or-flood-light
                Only BR-30

I have an overhead fixture with six Philips Hue bulbs connected to the HS-WD100 z-wave dimmer. I also have a jumper wire from line to load so the bulbs are always powered. However the switch control via events controls everything just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  Apparently they're not very popular. I recently placed an order for some product from zwaveproducts.com and they packed one of these bulbs to take up the space in the box. Nice!
                  https://www.zwaveproducts.com/collec...or-flood-light
                  Only BR-30

I have an overhead fixture with six Philips Hue bulbs connected to the HS-WD100 z-wave dimmer. I also have a jumper wire from line to load so the bulbs are always powered. However the switch control via events controls everything just fine.
                  A $30 bulb with no color or even color temperature adjustment? No wonder they are not very popular. Taking up space is probably the only thing they are good for.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post

Those are definitely nice. Would like to see an example where somebody has written events in Homeseer to keep the LED in sync with the colors of your Zigbee lights. For example three taps on the switch and both the Zigbee lights and the LED on the switch turn blue. Tell Alexa to make the lights white and both the Zigbee bulbs and the switch LED turn white.
                    Definitely doable, but there would be some math involved since the color-space of the dimmer LED and the color-space of the bulb are calculated differently. Could be done in EasyTrigger or a small script. I personally see no need for that since I can visually see what the color of the bulb is, lol. I use the dimmer LED color to indicate status, ie, the back door is unlocked or one or more windows are open.

Comment

upstatemike Where do you see that?

Comment

upstatemike It's more like a crossover. You issue the commands in HS due to various presses on a z-wave device and it makes the changes via the JowiHue plug-in. At least that's how I do it.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-05-21 at 05.51 PM 001.PNG
Views:	761
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1454359
                        OR
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 02-05-21 at 06.01 PM.PNG
Views:	753
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1454360
                        I tend to use the Philips app to set the colors depending on the upcoming holiday (Feb 14 all red) and then just turn them on or off via the event.
                        You can make it KISS or not.

Comment

Adding to my previous post, you can set color temp, saturation, etc but for my simple mind it's a challenge to do it all within HS. Hence I use the Philips app for color control and the HS events to control when on, off, brightness, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Definitely doable, but there would be some math involved since the color-space of the dimmer LED and the color-space of the bulb are calculated differently. Could be done in EasyTrigger or a small script. I personally see no need for that since I can visually see what the color of the bulb is, lol. I use the dimmer LED color to indicate status, ie, the back door is unlocked or one or more windows are open.
                            I agree there is no real need beyond the fact that having the switch display the status of the lights would just look cool. The status on the switch would be the default and could still be overridden by an alert of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                              upstatemike Where do you see that?
                              The link in your post, under the specs tab.

Comment

Working...
                              X