Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GoControl WI15Z-1 Irrigation Controller Power Supply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoControl WI15Z-1 Irrigation Controller Power Supply.

Does anyone who has a GoControl Irrigation Controller happen to know the specs on the power supply? Mine died hard sometime in the last week or so and melted the bottom panel so I cannot read it. I found some manuals on line and they don't specifically say power supply but say the output is 18VAC. I BELIEVE my valves are standard 24VAC. Looking for replacement specs.... Email to Nortek was of course permanently rejected.

I'll let you know in the morning.

Comment

It is an oddball. Intertek 3083478. 18 VDC 1 A.
      Model SW:180100A
      In 100-240 V 50/60 Hz.

Comment

Like he said
        Click image for larger version

Name:	irrigation power supply.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1454671

Comment

First: THANK YOU BOTH(!) for going through the trouble to get the info! MUCH appreciated!!!

Second: 18V?!? Perhaps that is why my 24V valves don't always fire.....

Comment

I'm no electrical wizard but it seems that the 18v output is to run the unit itself. Then it would have a (transformer, that's the wrong term to use here) to output 24vAC. Maybe? 24vAC is the voltage for most thermostat systems but those usually get knocked down with a transformer that starts at 120vAC, house current.

Most if not all irrigation valves are 24vAC and no one is complaining that the voltage is wrong. It sounds more like a lousy ground.

Comment

No, that is THE power supply for the WI15Z-1. My no-so-smart RainBird controller had a big honkin' 24VAC wall wart with pretty substantial wiring to the controller. I'll have to check the voltage at the controller to see what it is putting out.....

I ordered a replacement with the same basic specs that will be here later today! Gotta love one-day delivery..... Thank you guys so much!

Comment

As stated above, the GoControl PS is 18V DC, not AC. Here's a good electrical discussion of why 24VAC valves can work with that if you're interested. Understanding 24VAC Sprinkler Valves « RAYSHOBBY.NET

Basically electrical theory and practice is never as simple as they taught you (in my case military) school. Another fun "go past the basics" exercise is, "if ground is ground, how can a power line kill you that's lying on the ground"?

Comment

Working...
                X