Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicate MP3's - Trying to condense a music collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate MP3's - Trying to condense a music collection.

I am trying to condense my MP3 collection across several PC's. I have migrated everything into one folder on my Homeseer server called MP3. Unfortunately, at one point I had used a program called Jukebox that grouped all my MP3's and placed them into individual folders. Now that I have copied all my other MP3's to this drive I have many duplicates between my main MP3 folder and the many subfolders. Is anyone aware of a program that will scan a main folder/directory and it's subfolders to look for duplicates so that I can easily weed out the doubles?

Are you able to follow me??? lol

Thanks in advance,
    Jim

If your mp3 contain ID3 information then there are multiple utilities that will organize them for you. mcsMusic which is in the updater will process a flat file structure and rebuild it as a artist/album/track structure. In this process it should weed-out the duplicates. If, however, most of your music is ripped for older CDs then ID3 info will not be present and then it becomes more error-prone due to naming conventions of the filename.

Comment

I use Duplicate File Finder for that very thing. It actualy does a binary comparison of the files and does not rely on file name or size.

You can find it here...

http://www.funduc.com/dupfiles.htm

Jim
      Last edited by Jroberts; December 15, 2004, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Jroberts:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded it and the program is running as I type this. It looks like it is finding everything.

Thanks so much!
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X