Schlage lever lock Zwave version - FE599

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage lever lock Zwave version - FE599

Hello...I was looking for a Z-Wave door lock/lever. I looked all over the Schlage website but see no reference of Z-Wave version. I would like something with Z-Wave Plus if possible. Does anyone know if Schlage uses PLUS or if not, any of the other manufacturers? I'm not looking for a deadbolt, but the "all-in-one" units that include a knob or lever.

TIA!

JJ

https://www.schlage.com/en/home/prod...CAMFFFACC.html

Click on the Features tab...

Comment

This is all I see:

"Powered by Z-Wave"

So am I to assume it's not Z-Wave PLUS or am I missing something?

Comment

Correct, it's regular Z-wave. If you insist on Z-wave+ then there is a Yale model:

https://www.gokeyless.com/product/ya...en-lever-lock/

I personally prefer Schlage build quality.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks!

Comment

I use the Schlage Connect, it is Z-wave Plus: https://www.schlage.com/en/home/smar...s/connect.html

Comment

jgreenberg01 .... I don't see Z-Wave PLUS anywhere on the website. Do you have a link or something that shows it?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyJoe View Post
                jgreenberg01 .... I don't see Z-Wave PLUS anywhere on the website. Do you have a link or something that shows it?
                I have two of these, and as it shows on the page jgreenberg01 linked, it is definitely z-wave plus. However, it's a deadbolt and it sounds like you're looking for a lever lockset.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-12 104518.png
Views:	233
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1455767
                -Wade

Comment

Thanks Wade! Yeah, I'm looking at the lever locks which is why I didn't see that. I also would prefer push buttons as opposed to the touch panel, but that's not a show stopper. I've been avoiding doing the work to add a deadbolt, but maybe I'll just do that.

Comment

So, I purchased the Kwikset SmartCode lever lock. Doesn't really check all my boxes, but I thought for an interior door it should be fine. I installed it, and ready to add it to my system. That's when I find out I don't even have a Z-Wave hub! For whatever reason, I thought my Insteon hub was also z-wave...not. Anyway, I ordered the Homeseer Z-Net hub. I thought you guys could have a laugh at my expense.

Comment

Joe, keep in mind that locksets seem to be one of the worst offenders when it comes to missed z-wave commands and struggling to stay in good comms with the controller. The best way to combat the issue is a strong z-wave mesh network. If the lock is your only z-wave device don't be surprised if you see some issues until you have some other mains powered z-wave devices in its vicinity.
                      -Wade

Comment

Yes, I've read that, which is why I went with the z-net instead of a USB stick. This way I can have the z-net relatively close to the lock. Eventually I'll switch over more locks and such which will hopefully build up the z-wave infrastructure. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I would add to the above that locks complicate the z-wave network as they not only require a strong mesh, but also need neighbors that support "beaming". The fact that z-wave has matured over the years and you may have a mix of technologies also complicates things. This is a good practical discussion in the smarthings forum FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub? - Wiki / FAQ - SmartThings Community

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                            I would add to the above that locks complicate the z-wave network as they not only require a strong mesh, but also need neighbors that support "beaming". The fact that z-wave has matured over the years and you may have a mix of technologies also complicates things. This is a good practical discussion in the smarthings forum FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub? - Wiki / FAQ - SmartThings Community
                            Great info at that link. Thanks.
                            -Wade

Comment

Thanks for the link. This forum is a great resource.

Comment

Working...
                              X