Email reply to sender possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email reply to sender possible?

Title says it. I have events triggered by email received from "Anyone" so long as they have very specific Subject and or Body content.

This allows events to fire from multiple parties sharing our remote condo.

I'd like to send a confirmation email reply to the sender - no matter what their email address. Is there some way to do this that I'm missing? I'm on HS3 currently - but have the licenses for HS4 if this is fixed that way.

(No, putting all the relevant emails into the system is not an option... these are nearly anti-technology people. They test the model: "If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot.")

There is a scripting function (hs.MailFrom) that will return the email address of the email sender.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you, good sir.

All these years and I have yet to write a single script... that works. 🙄

I'm guessing I'm looking at something like, "on receipt of email, run script," then, "put hs.MailFrom into a variable or virtual device," then, "send email to said variable or virtual device?"

Sound about right?

Comment

You already have an event that is being triggered by receipt of the email. Just add an action to send an email.

The form of the send email script command is described in some detail in the HS help file. The script could be quite short, depending on what you want it to contain. For example:
        Code:
        Public Sub Main(ByVal Params As Object)

Dim strFrom As String = <your email address>
        Dim strTo As String = hs.MailFrom
        Dim strMessage As String = <your message>
        Dim strSubject As String = <your surbject>

hs.SendEmail(strTo, strFrom, "", "", strSubject, strMessage, "")

End Sub
        Click image for larger version

Name:	email.png
Views:	162
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1456125
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You are the BEST, Uncle Michael !

I am determined to get it to work. Thanks for the help. 😎

Comment

Did you get this working?

Comment

Working...
            X