Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to exclude multiple devices from HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unable to exclude multiple devices from HS3

    Hello,

    I'm in the process of moving from HS3 to HS4, rebuilding from scratch for miscellaneous reasons. The issue I'm having is that I can not exclude devices from HS3 to eventually include them in HS4.

    I have the issue with multiple devices. I originally posted about this for a specific device, Evolve LRM-AS Z-Wave dimmers. But since then, I realize I'm having the issue with other devices, such has Leviton wired switches, Stelpro Ki thermostats and various sensors. So it seems the issue is more related to HS3 than the devices.

    Every time I try to exclude a device, from HS3 itself or using Z-Tool, all I get is the dreaded message "Activate the 'remove from network" message".

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1455656

    One of the Stelpro Ki is even in an unknown state and will probably need to be factory reset. All other devices I tried to exclude are still accounted for and operate in HS3.

    I'm running HS this on HS3:

    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 4 Days 13 Hours 4 Minutes 39 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 392
    Number of Events: 143
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.47.0: BLBackup
    2.0.6.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.43.0: BLLAN
    2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
    2.0.95.0: BLRF
    3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.31: EnvisaLinkAdemco
    3.0.1.12: ISYInsteon
    3.4.16.0: mcsMQTT
    1.5.0.0: MQTT
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    3.0.0.11: Sinope
    3.0.1.249: Z-Wave


    HS3 and HS4 each have then own Z-Net controllers. I rebooted both HS3 and its Z-Net controller with no change.

    Is there a known issue with excluding devices in HS3?


    #2
    Since you said that you have a Znet running on HS4 (I’m assuming a different one than HS3) have you tried putting HS4 in exclusion and try to remove the HS3 device with that? Most times that will work. I have had to remove devices using an Aeon stick as well. It will say removing an unknown device but you will be able to include it then. Ztool only works sometimes unfortunately.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Since you said that you have a Znet running on HS4 (I’m assuming a different one than HS3)
      Correct, each has its own Z-Net gateway.

      Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      have you tried putting HS4 in exclusion and try to remove the HS3 device with that? Most times that will work. I have had to remove devices using an Aeon stick as well. It will say removing an unknown device but you will be able to include it then.
      I haven't tried that. What happens with the device in HS3 when this is done? It will take me some time to move everything from HS3 to HS4. In the meantime, I don't want to compromise the z-wave network on HS3 more than it already is, one of the reason I'm rebuilding from scratch in HS4..

      Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Ztool only works sometimes unfortunately.
      I doubt this is the culprit, not being able to remove from HS3 either.

      Comment


        #4
        Once you exclude it from HS3 it’s gone from HS3 and can be included (used) in HS4.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
          Once you exclude it from HS3 it’s gone from HS3 and can be included (used) in HS4.
          Correct, if excluded by HS3. If the exclude is done from HS4, HS3 won't know that and will simply think the device is not responding. Furthermore, that device won't be excluded from the z-net connected to HS3, which will cause issues with signal transmission since the device is no longer a working node in the mesh.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by zguy View Post

            Correct, if excluded by HS3. If the exclude is done from HS4, HS3 won't know that and will simply think the device is not responding. Furthermore, that device won't be excluded from the z-net connected to HS3, which will cause issues with signal transmission since the device is no longer a working node in the mesh.
            If this happens, you should be able to do the following to resolve it. In the device's z-wave tab in HS3, click Test Connectivity. After it fails, click Remove Bad Node. This should get rid of it from HS3 and the controller, similar to what you might have to do in some cases when a device fails physically.
            -Wade

            Comment

            Working...
            X