Reset Application Status - Z-Wave Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakers12 View Post

I stumbled across this thread and saw this post. It got me wondering how I could read my device parameters. Could you help me out here?

I'm running HS4 on a HomeTroller Pi.
    Sure.

Pick the device you want on the Devices page. Goto the Z-wave tab. Expand Settings under the Functions area on the page.

Goto the following area below, select the parameter number you want. IMPORTANT: The Value box MUST BE BLANK. Then press Set. It will then populate the Value box with what your device has stored for that parameter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	152
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1471111

Comment

Thanks, TC1! I tried this on a few devices and it worked pretty well. I couldn't get parameter values from battery-operated devices but that makes sense since they need to be woken.

Comment

Originally posted by bakers12 View Post
        Thanks, TC1! I tried this on a few devices and it worked pretty well. I couldn't get parameter values from battery-operated devices but that makes sense since they need to be woken.
        Yep on the battery devices. What helps is if you have a laptop with the web interface up and can go to where the device is, wake it, then grab the parameters.

Comment

I will probably try using a smart phone with a web browser. I need a step stool for some of these. For one I'll need a ladder, but that one is brand new and defaults to a 4-hour wake-up time. I'll use brute force and set its few parameters without inquiry first.

Comment

Working...
          X