HVAC Time of Use programming help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC Time of Use programming help needed

I searched, but didn’t find a clear answer. I’m hoping someone will take the time to help me out. I’m not very HS savvy. I’m on a Time of Use electricity program. Basically, they charge extra for electricity used between 3-7pm, M-F (excluding holidays). I need to program HS to PreCool my house before.3pm on hot days, and switch off the AC until 7pm different slots online https://www.thegametownstudio.com/ (unless the temp gets out of hand, in which case I would want it to run again). I can’t seem to get it right. I get lost in the chain of events and group conditions. I don’t know if I need a plug-in to make it easier? I also don’t see how to incorporate outside temp data. I don’t have a weather station, but was thinking a weather plugin? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologize if this has been covered....I can’t find it? Thank you

As with most things HS, there are a number of ways you could approach it. To help us give more useful responses some additional information will be helpful. What thermostat are you using, and is it typically controlled via internal scheduling (independent of HS) or do you do all scheduling and control from HS? Do you use the EasyTrigger plugin? Easytrigger isn't necessary but can simplify scheduling in some cases.
    -Wade

Comment

Working...
    X