Great new plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great new plug-in

There is a great new plug-in posted here.

It will update the device status strings based upon device type.
    I.E. I have my doors set as type Door, these then show Open for on and Closed for off. It will also display the total time in that last status. It will also allow colors and icons... very easy GUI interface.

It also does network monitoring...

This is a GREAT MUST HAVE plug-in... I suggest you take a look as I am sure you would love it as much as I do...
    Attached Files

Thanks Sbessel,
    Checked it out and thats a great tool. Thanks to the Author as well!!

Comment

I have installed this and it works fine with my local PC - however, I am having problems with the other machines on my network. It appears that my PING fails when trying to access other machines on the network. (it keeps timing out). The IP addresses I am using are in the form 192.168.2.xx). Even the router at 127.0.0.1 fails).

The plug-in has eventually gone to "online" status, but not in the defined interval (I'll monitor this - but this isn't the nature of my question).

My questions are:
      1) Is there a setting in my router or firewall that needs to enable the "ping" command to get through? (at either end?)
      2) How often do pings actually fail to connect to a connection that is actually "up"?

Comment

Jeff,
        You should be able to bring up a DOS prompt on the same machine the plugin is running on an key in ping 192.168.0.1 and see if it goes through. If it does then your router is not blocking pings.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

this is what I've done - and it fails. I stopped my firewall and tested without it running - same thing. There must be a setup in the router?

Also, the plug-in continues to report another PC as "online" when ithe network cable has been unplugged for over an hour. Somethings wrong.

Comment

There is a setting in the router config. Which router?

Also, you say that your address is 192.168.2.XX the gateway is likely 192.168.2.1 in that case.

Comment

the ping on 192.168.2.1 works, but the others don't always. The router is an SMC Barricade.

Comment

Help?

Ok, I may be a little dense here, but what am I doing wrong?
                I installed the plugin, no problem. Restarted HS and realized I have only the default device types. So I went into Options/Device types and defined a new device type called "Garage Door" and checked the "status only" option (on my machine my garage door status is from a powerflash interface). Saved it and then tried the Device Manager setup only NOT to find "Garage Door" on the device list. I then restarted HS, made sure the new "Garage Door" device type is still defined, but once again "Garage Door" is not in the device type list on the Device Manager Setup.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

did you set up Garage Door as a device or a device type? Could this be your problem?

Comment

The plug-in only lists types from defined devices. So if you did not define a device with a type of garage door, then you will not see this type. So define a device with a type of garage door then look on the plug-in dialog.

As I type this, I am asking myself why does it work like this? I really cannot remember. I wrote this about 3 years ago and it may have been that HS does not let you get a device type unless it is obtained through a device. I will check this, but for the meantime, define a device with the type you want to manage.

Alan

Comment

Icon

Scott:

Where do you get your Icons. I would like to use them as well but I could not find them in HS. When I set up my PC's in the network area, I would like to show them on-line instead of a light bulb that shows the status as on. THe garage door icons would be great as well

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Here is a great place for icons, I signed up and downloaded a ton for HS. With GIFworks you can edit and resize them all you want.

http://www.animationfactory.com/

Comment

Thanks, Alan. Got it now.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mbreeden
                            Scott:

Where do you get your Icons. I would like to use them as well but I could not find them in HS. When I set up my PC's in the network area, I would like to show them on-line instead of a light bulb that shows the status as on. THe garage door icons would be great as well

Thanks

Mike
                            I got all mine from links posted here... I can't find them right now, but try a search, there was a psot quite a while back that posted some HS specific Icon pages.

If I find the links I will post later...

Comment

Icons

Here are some links for HS and HA icons

http://www.engineeringplastics.com/HomeSeerIcons/
                              http://www.x10.crevier.org/homeseer/icons/
                              http://info.spruitnet.nl/automation/icons.html

Comment

Working...
                              X