Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to use NeoSpeech voices with HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to use NeoSpeech voices with HS4?

I purchased the NeoSpeech voices (Kate&Paul") many years ago through HomeSeer. Is it possible to use them with HS 4 on Windows 10? If so, is there any trick to the install?

+1 Just about to Migrate and Kate has been our voice for nearly 15 years.....

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      +1 Just about to Migrate and Kate has been our voice for nearly 15 years.....
      my wife is a bit jealous of Kate. I told her what she looks like (in my imagination).

Comment

I am away from home, but I run Kate on Windows 10.
        I don't think she shows up in Windows TTS, but works with the HS4 speaker client.
        You may have to install with compatibility mode.
        Copy the install files from the CD to a temp directory on the hard drive, then go for the compatibility install.

~Bill

Comment

The NeoSpeech voices run in 32 bit mode. Speaker dot exe runs in 32 bit mode and you will be able to see the Neospeech voices.

In Windows 10 you can run the 32 bit speech control panel file...C:\Windows\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl to see your NeoSpeech files.

Here run a Windows 7 E virtual box with multiple speech fonts on the Linux HS4 Pro box.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

That’s great. Thanks for the info. I will give it a try!

Comment

+1 to learn about the results....especially if you have any screen shots or commentary on how you did this

Devoir

Comment

I've installed the NeoSpeech voices successfully. The install went normally. Once installed, edit the speaker client and choose the desired voice and it was done. Nice to have Kate back!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
                  my wife is a bit jealous of Kate. I told her what she looks like (in my imagination).
                  LOL! I think you're risking your WAF with that!

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                    +1 to learn about the results....especially if you have any screen shots or commentary on how you did this

Devoir
                    sorry, I didn't see your request about pictures before I finished the install. I didn't do anything special. There are 2 CDs. One says "put me in first", so I did. It then asks for the second CD; I put it in and hit enter and it completed the install. They you open the speaker client that's already running and select which voice you want. Piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

LOL! I think you're risking your WAF with that!

Haha, if you've met Kate, you know that it's worth it! My wife's grown "fond" of her over the many years. I'm fortunate that neither of them age!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
                        Haha, if you've met Kate, you know that it's worth it! My wife's grown "fond" of her over the many years. I'm fortunate that neither of them age!
                        The perfect answer.....

Comment

Working...
                        X