Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delays in Homeseer

Hello all,

I've been experiencing device delays in Homeseer as of the last week. Prior to this, I have been randomly finding Homeseer unresponsive to both logging in either locally or remotely, and also to local events. Typically after cycling power, it comes right back up and runs again for a few days without missing a beat.

What I've found during this last week is if I manually command a z-wave light on or off, there is a 7-10 second delay in anything happening. I have tried checking the zwave network, optimizing it, etc, and it seems to be operating correctly. Today I changed out the raspberry pi3b+ I've been using for a replacement pi4, and I'm still having the same delays.

Is there any logs or files that can be causing a major delay? I've tried searching the forum and cant find anything solid that points me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rob

I have a similar experience. I belive I have traced it to secure z-wave. I have two locks, and if they don't respond (and they never do after a restart of the z-wave plugin) then it will slow down z-wave response as described.

For me the question is: Way does the locks (Danalock v3) not reconnect after a restart of HS/z-wave plugin? After a manual re-pairing from the locks' app, everything works great again.

regards,

Dag-Inge

Comment

Originally posted by dag-inge View Post
      I have a similar experience. I belive I have traced it to secure z-wave. I have two locks, and if they don't respond (and they never do after a restart of the z-wave plugin) then it will slow down z-wave response as described.

For me the question is: Way does the locks (Danalock v3) not reconnect after a restart of HS/z-wave plugin? After a manual re-pairing from the locks' app, everything works great again.

regards,

Dag-Inge
      Thanks for the reply. Would you experience not being able to log in?

Comment

Are you running the beta Z-Wave plugin by chance?

Secure included devices are borked with that - turning on a secure device suddenly makes the next device take 12 seconds to respond. Insane - reverting to the non-beta plugin instantly fixes, moving back to the beta plugin instantly breaks again. Has been like this for quite a while now, I'm going to guess 6-9 months.

Likewise can't include devices (or at least my Fibaros) with the beta plugin - device will add, but none of the child devices are added with it rendering it useless. Again reverting to the non-beta plugin instantly fixes that, moving back to the beta plugin breaks again. Likewise about 6-9 months this has been broken.

Hoping like crazy the all-new HS4 Z-Wave plugin that is due very shortly has no resemblance to the beta Z-Wave plugin - if they're testing concepts in the beta for the HS4 one then it's game over man, game over

Comment

disable any anti virus software, bitdefender is notorious for causing unstable HS behavior.

As mentioned a misbehaving zwave device will also cause lag and zwave slowdowns. I would manually test every zwave device. I would also repeat that process using HS to activate them one at a time. ZSeer can be very useful for checking node responses and connections. I also liked Tillsy's suggestion of checking your zwave plugin, try swapping between beta and stable and see if one works better for you.
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 449
          Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

The zwave issue appears to have been fixed by resetting the zwave data, cycling power to the zwave stick, and letting everything start back up. I'm back to having near instantaneous reaction from an event being triggered. I was able to use the log to see what was being commanded from one device protocol to another, and see in real time where the issues were residing(motion sensor on an arduino device via the arduino plugin triggering a zwave light switch via the zwave plugin).

I'm going to see if the log in issue has been resolved with a new pi, and I greatly appreciate all the help!

PS-zwave plugin is the stable version

Comment

Working...
            X