How to receive notifications of power loss/power regained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to receive notifications of power loss/power regained

My Homeseer home troller (HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (F) Edition 4.1.13.0 (Linux))is connected to a UPS made by Cyberpower. Is there a way that I can get notifications sent (email) that i have lost power or have regained power? I've read other forums that say i can download a BLUPS plugin but i dont see that it is available under "plugins". I'm a novice at this so please keep it simple. Thanks.

Check out BLUPS and see if this will work for you.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Where can i find BLUPS? I'm not finding it available under "plugins". Could you send me a screenshot? THanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeocampo View Post
        Where can i find BLUPS? I'm not finding it available under "plugins". Could you send me a screenshot? THanks.
        Are you running HS3 or HS4? It is alphabetically under Legacy plug-ins for HS4. I can’t remember the category under HS3, probably Utilities, but it is there under one of the categories.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

HS3 under "Utilities" Using it with a Cyberpower UPS and works great

Comment

I think BLUPS is Windows only? You won't see it as an available plugin on Linux if so. May have to try something dirty in the interim. Something like this could plug in any available outlet or the surge only ports on your UPS: https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pro...monitoring-kit

Comment

I am running HS4 Linux. BLUPS must be for Windows only since I'm not finding it.

The smartesthouse monitoring kit seems to be a good option. Can i also create an event if i lose power to something like a smart wall outlet? I'm trying to determine the best option. Thanks.

Comment

edit: pcburcham got there first. πŸ˜€

------------------------

If you don't find a way to do it from your UPS, this sort of thing could trigger an event in HS to send the alert email.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-23 104009.png Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	1458312
                -Wade

Comment

I monitor my thermostat signals with 24vac relays. One of them is the 24vac control power from the AC. Relays ties into Elk panel and I use the 24ac input as an indicator if power is lost to house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am running HS4 Linux. BLUPS must be for Windows only since I'm not finding it.

The smartesthouse monitoring kit seems to be a good option. Can i also create an event if i lose power to something like a smart wall outlet? I'm trying to determine the best option. Thanks.
                    Great idea. I hadn't thought of that. If you have an outlet that is always on, I don't see why you couldn't reliably use that as your monitor if that outlet loses power. I've got an extra Innr plug and will pop it in one of the surge only outlets on my UPS and give it a whirl in a bit.

Comment

If you already have MQTT setup a Sonoff Basic or even cheaper NodeMCU running Tasmota would be a good power monitor. Plug it into power and the LWT function will show if the device goes offline.

Comment

Just tried a Innr zigbee power plug in a surge only port of the UPS and it worked. The plug is integrated via JowiHue/Hue bridge (the plugs are affordable and work very well if anyone's wondering). I set up two events, one for power loss and another for power restored. Simple email notifications with "power lost/restored at $TIME" in the message body. I did use "If device set to unreachable" trigger for power loss (Off does not work) and used EasyTrigger "If device was and becomes" for recovery. I could have used the same trigger as power lost for power recovery, but I like the condition being more specific with EasyTrigger in case the plug is simply toggled on/off. I used the ole "fire in the hole" method for testing and flipped the breaker. I did see a ~30-45 second delay in power loss notification. When I flipped the breaker back on the power recovery email was more instantaneous.

Note: the plug did recover its last state when the power came back on. I'm not sure if that would be the case for all smart plugs. I'm also not sure if other plugs would support an "unreachable" status. Seeing that this one does, I will just keep it in place for now. I'd definitely go toward one of the other suggestions if I didn't already have a plug or other device to test.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                          edit: pcburcham got there first. πŸ˜€

------------------------

If you don't find a way to do it from your UPS, this sort of thing could trigger an event in HS to send the alert email.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-23 104009.png Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	1458312
                          I've bought the kit but now I'm having issues with it sending me notification when i lose/regain power. I intend to connect this to my UPS so it notifies me via email when I lose power to the UPS, not when the UPS battery drains down completely. I would appreciate any feedback on how to correctly setup this event. I've attached a screenshot of my event and also the device. Thank you.

Comment

I've bought the kit but now I'm having issues with it sending me notification when i lose/regain power. I intend to connect this to my UPS so it notifies me via email when I lose power to the UPS, not when the UPS battery drains down completely. I would appreciate any feedback on how to correctly setup this event. I've attached a screenshot of my event and also the device. Thank you.
                            If you connect this to your UPS you'll need to plug it into the non battery powered outlets. If you don't it will stay powered until the battery runs out which would defeat your stated purpose. If your UPS doesn't have line only powered outlets then just plug this directly into a wall outlet.
                            HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                            Number of Devices: 1005
                            Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Minor clarification for MQTT Last Will and Testament. This message is sent by the MQTT broker when a client goes offline. This most often occurs when wifi temporarily drops. The message of interest is the INFO message or other startup indication. This also assumes the broker is running on a UPS and that the INFO message is sent with β€œretain” property so that the broker will hold it until the HS computer comes back to life after the power outage.

1-wire is the technology that I have employed for this purpose using DS2423 counter. The counter input can be driven by a relay that uses 120vac coil or a wall wart with 5vdc output. An increase in the count value indicates the number of power transitions. The DS2423 memory is held up by a coin cell that never needs to be replaced. These counters were commonly used for lightning strike counters and tipping bucket rain measurement.

Comment

Working...
                              X