Zoos Zen34 Remote Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoos Zen34 Remote Switch

Is anybody else using this switch with Homeseer? (HS3 in my case). The switch was easily included in my ZWave network via ZTool and event triggering seems to be straightforward, you can trigger an event based on a Device Value change (eg.
    IF Zwave Controller 1st Floor Zoos Controller 2 (18) changes and becomes Scene 001 Key Pressed 1 Time
    However, my experience with HS3 is that sometimes the event gets triggered, and sometimes it does not?

So, my thinking is if I hit the same button twice in a row, the event won't trigger because the device value doesn't change. Hence, whenever the event triggers the last thing I do is reset the device value to 0 (a value that it will never be based on user input). However, this didn't fix the problem. I know the Zwave command is being picked up by HS3 because I see this in the log:
    Feb-28 10:49:50 AM Z-Wave Device: Zwave Controller Basement Zoos Controller 2 (18) Set to 1000

However, no event is triggered.

Here is how the log looks when an event IS triggered:
    Feb-28 5:56:14 PM Event Event Trigger "Zoos Scenes Zoos 2 Top 1"
    Feb-28 5:56:14 PM Z-Wave Device: Zwave Controller Basement Zoos Controller 2 (18) Set to 1000
    Any insight on what is preventing the event trigger? Note, anytime the event is triggered the device value is reset to 0 --- anytime a button is pressed the value is set to 1000 or greater. The the device change trigger should always work I would think. Further, the remote switch itself seems to be working as all button presses are picked up by Homeseer; its just that sometimes the event fires, sometimes not.

Upon further investigation, it looks like the event eventually does trigger ... 10 MINUTES LATER, not good, defeats the purpose of the remote switch. I'm stumped --- HS3 picks up and logs the button press instantly, but doesn't fire the event for 10 minutes???

Comment

Most likely, it is related to the way HS de-duplicates events.
      I don't have any Z-Wave scene controllers now but when I did, I resorted to creating an event that, on every change of the device value, would set the device to some other, outside-of-the-range, value. (If you decide to try this, make sure that this extraneous value is excluded from the triggering range.)

Comment

Vit --- thanks for this. I think I am doing this already; for any button press the device value will be set to a number 1000 or greater (eg. 1000, 1001, 1002), etc. My events only trigger for these values and my all my triggered events reset the device value to 0 --- 0 does not trigger anything. But, I still get this inconsistent behavior, sometimes the event fires instantly.... sometimes delayed by 10 minutes or so. When I look at the Device via the Web Interface it does show the triggered value (eg. 1000) and NOT the value I set it to when the event fires (0). I see other activity in log AFTER I press the button and BEFORE the event eventually triggers. Strange, this inconsistency really diminishes the value of the Zoos Zen switch.

Comment

Update: for my most recent test, it took 26 minutes for the event to fire.

Comment

The fact that you see inconsistent behavior of your HS/events/devices suggests that there may be some other, not necessarily related to Zooz, issues with your setup.
            For fun and as my sanity check, I resurrected my Aeotec 4-Button.

Maybe, try this:

Disable all associated with the Zooz button events .

Press the top of you button once, then the bottom - once. Repeat the sequence several times. If you don't see corresponding entries in the log, I'd call TheSmartestHouse.

If you do, create an event as below but replacing device references as appropriate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	event.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	1460533
            Press your button a few times. For every press, you should see 2 entries in the log. If you don't, I'd give up and connected the button to Hubitat.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions; I have experimented a little and am convinced there are no issues at all with the Zoos switch; every button press variation is being picked up by Homeseer. My issue is with an apparent event lag happening in Homeseer --- the other day I noticed the exterior coach lights were not ON and it was 30 minutes past sunset, so for some reason I am intermittently experiencing significant event lag. I have 84 Zwave nodes, plus a slew of plugins running other things (MyQ, Harmony, Envisalink, Hue), hence, my busy is busy and the log is large. I noticed that a number of HSBuddy log cleanup entries and wondered if that was somehow a possible cause for the event lag. I disabled the plug-in and haven't noticed any event lag since. So, HSBuddy is a suspect at this point, but I will need to closely monitor before I can definitively state its the cause of my event lag.

Comment

Well, I was all clear for a while (no noticeable lags in event processing) after disabling the HSBuddy plugin, however, that changed today, so I can confirm that HSBuddy is NOT the cause of my event lag problem. After pressing the Zoos switch, I see this on the device screen:
                Scene 001 Key Pressed 1 Time
                Zwave Controller 1st Floor Zoos Controller 1 (9)
                However, I should never see this because there is an event that should trigger when the Scene 001 Key is pressed 1 Time and the first thing the event does is set the device value to ZERO. Hence, Homeseer is picking up the Zwave command from the switch, updating the Device Value, but then sitting on the Event Trigger --- past experience shows that the event will eventually trigger 5 - 30 minutes later. I don't get it.

Comment

Do you see delays in processing of other events?

Comment

Yes, I have experienced events based on time of day triggers that don't fire on time.

Comment

what about using an event like this
                      IF Zwave Controller 1st Floor Zoos Controller 2 had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed 1 Time
                      Then every time it is pressed you'll get a response and you don't have to set it back to 0. It wont care about setting it to zero as it will only look for the immediate command.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                        what about using an event like this
                        IF Zwave Controller 1st Floor Zoos Controller 2 had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed 1 Time
                        Then every time it is pressed you'll get a response and you don't have to set it back to 0. It wont care about setting it to zero as it will only look for the immediate command.

Stuart
                        I have 2 of these ZOOZ ZEN34 switches and they respond immediately. No-one at the house even knows they are battery-operated and removable. The way Stuart is recommending the event is exactly the way I have my events configured.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Agree --- that is how I originally programmed these events (using "had its value set to"), however, when I noticed the events failing to trigger my thinking was if you hit the same button twice in a row the value of the device won't change and the event won't trigger and that could why my events weren't triggering, so I changed the event trigger. I am convinced that the Zoos switch is working perfectly. My problem is that something is causing huge latency in my events triggering --- not all the time, but once it starts happening, every event is delayed until I restart Homeseer.

Comment

does anyone have an experience with ZOOZ ZEN 34 and a HOMESEER HS4 ZEE S2 I've already had a bad experience with jasco-ge-enbrighten-quad-scene-remote-34176. someone has another suggestion for my system, thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X