Zigbee Replacement - Osram Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee Replacement - Osram Shutdown

I am looking for suggestions as a replacement for my Osram Zigbee. They are shutting down in August. I have a good number of Osram zigbee bulbs and the Lightify bridge. I would like to keep the bulbs but so far the options are not appealing.

Does anyone have Osram bulbs working with a different bridge? If so, which one and do you like it?

I have a closed system (except for this bridge). I do not use myhomeseer and have my own secure connection when outside.

I wonder if it is time to just dump all the zigbee and just get zwave plugs to control lamps. I looked for zwave bulbs but BR30 is all I can find.

Thanks all.
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

I have been looking at Zigbee stuff and have been dismayed with all of the compatibility issues. Most recently been reading about the nonstandard configuration that Sengled uses making them hard to implement in Hubitat. Lots of brand specific quirks with Zigbee! Supposedly the Inovelli Z-Wave color A19 bulbs will eventually be available again but who knows when.

Comment

Both Osram and Sengled bulbs should be supported by the Conbee2 USB stick and JowiHue Plug-in. I have a thriving and stable Zigbee network and low-cost device ecosystem using this combination.

If you attempt to use the "free" HS4 Zigbee plugin and Nortek combo stick they sell, then good luck. Free isn't necessarily better.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        Both Osram and Sengled bulbs should be supported by the Conbee2 USB stick and JowiHue Plug-in. I have a thriving and stable Zigbee network and low-cost device ecosystem using this combination.

If you attempt to use the "free" HS4 Zigbee plugin and Nortek combo stick they sell, then good luck. Free isn't necessarily better.
        Thank you. I just purchased the conbee2 from Amazon. It says you should put the stick on an usb extension cable, which sounds like a good idea too.

Michael
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
          I have been looking at Zigbee stuff and have been dismayed with all of the compatibility issues. Most recently been reading about the nonstandard configuration that Sengled uses making them hard to implement in Hubitat. Lots of brand specific quirks with Zigbee! Supposedly the Inovelli Z-Wave color A19 bulbs will eventually be available again but who knows when.
          Thank you upstatemike. I put my email in to get updates on when new stock will be in. Don't really care about the color bulbs but the white for $19 sound like a good deal.

Comment

+1. I have a bunch of the osram bugs and the with fine with the jowihue plug in and my comber. Works fine.

Comment

I have my Conbee II and the Jowhue plugin. I created the bridge but in the Phoscon App, I cannot find any of my Cree bulbs. I have reset them several times and have unplugged by old ZigBee gateway. on the deCONZ program that is running on the machine, do you have to have it in Router or Coordinator type?

Comment

Working...
              X