Migration problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migration problems

First off, I am new to the forum. I think HS is a great product and look forward to learning more about it from this resource.

On to my question:
    I cannot save my config file in 1.7? After experiencing some weirdness with v1.6, I upgraded to 1.7 but now I cannot save my config file, anywhere. I have tried local drives, network drives, USB drives, etc. Here is some background on my situation:

I have been using HS for about 1 year, using it for simple x10 triggers and events. The product has worked flawlessly until last week. Last week I had to remove one of the hard drives in the HS server for upgrade purposes. The drive I removed was NOT the system drive nor did it contain any of the HS files (config, etc). It was purely a storage drive used to hold music. Anyway, once I rebooted all my HS config was gone. No devices or events. I started getting a pop-up window explaining to me that HS received an error generating the XML file. I chalked it up to wierdness attempted re-open my original config file. My file was gone. My backup file was a very old one, so I decided to re-create my devices. However, the device type pull-down menu was empty, only one device type left. Wacky!

At this time I noticed there was a new HS version out there (v1.7), so I decided it was a good time to upgrade. Well, after the upgrade (and an update) my device types are back, and everything seems to work properly with the exception of being able to save my config. Any ideas?

Ryan

CCIE,
    Welcome to the HS BB. See if this knowledgebase article will help.

http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/help...view=4&lang=en
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the article, but no help.

I am running HS on a 2000 sp4 machine. I re-installed MDAC, and attempted to 're-register' my msxml files. When performing the re-register, I get an error on 3 of the 5 files. msxml.dll and msxml3.dll seem to re-register without error, but the other 3 files (msxml3a.dll, msxml3r.dll, msxmlr.dll) error out. The specific error is "msxmlr.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of msxmlr.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it" Since the fix is for XP machines and I am running 2000, it might not be a big deal.

I will re-post if I figure something else out...

Ryan

Comment

CCIE,
        Why are you manually re-registering you XML DLL's. This should not be needed. The reinstall of the MSXML parser (if your using this) should do this.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Why are you manually re-registering you XML DLL's

The article you referenced in the previous post says first to install MDAC 2.8 (which was already loaded per the article) and if that didn't work to re-register the msxml*.dll files. Just following advice...

Ryan

Comment

So I fixed the problem, the hard way. After repeated attempts to fix the problem, including removal / re-install of both versions, the problem was fixed by uninstalling the app from add/remove programs, and then manually removing homeseer entries from the windows registry (painfull and dangerous).

After removing the entries, I re-installed v1.6 and then ran the updates to v1.7.30. Re-created my devcies and events, everything is good to go...

Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X