Bathroom Scale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathroom Scale?

Does anyone know or use a bathroom scale that integrates with Apple and also Homeseer? Used to have an Oregon Scientific BWR102 that connected via RFXCOM. It was so much fun (for me). We had is set up so that if we gained weight, when we opened the pantry door, a pig sound played over the sound system. If we lost weight, it would play an applause. It died and we bought a FitBit scale. It worked great with Fitbitseer but we went through about 20 FitBits and ditched them for Apple watches a few years ago. There are a few scales out there that work with Apple. Has anyone integrated one with Homeseer? Or integrated Apple Heathkit with Homeseer?

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    We had is set up so that if we gained weight, when we opened the pantry door, a pig sound played over the sound system. If we lost weight, it would play an applause.
    Now that's funny. Although around here pretty sure it would result in loss of home automation privileges until removed.

-Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
      Now that's funny. Although around here pretty sure it would result in loss of home automation privileges until removed.
      The mystery of how the old Oregon Scientific scale died was never solved. Until now?

Comment

There is a Withings Homeseer plugin that supports the Withings Bathroom scale, and also an app for the iPhone. I can't speak to either function as I don't have an iphone or use the plugin, but I have the scale and it's been great.

Comment

I have all Garmin stuff. There was talk about a Garmin plugin a few years back, but nothing came of it. Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            There is a Withings Homeseer plugin that supports the Withings Bathroom scale, and also an app for the iPhone. I can't speak to either function as I don't have an iphone or use the plugin, but I have the scale and it's been great.
            Great advice! It seems like this is currently the only scale that can or will be able to do both. THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
              Got one and am in the middle of connecting it to HS. Regardless of whether I get it working with the plug-in or not, it seems to be a much better scale than the old Fitbit and it works quickly with Apple Health. HS integration will be a bonus. Thanks again!

Comment

Got one and am in the middle of connecting it to HS. Regardless of whether I get it working with the plug-in or not, it seems to be a much better scale than the old Fitbit and it works quickly with Apple Health. HS integration will be a bonus. Thanks again!
                We love ours. They seem to be consistently accurate and connect with Apple Health well. The Withings bed sensors also work very well. We just bought a new Sleep Number bed that reports the same info, so we no longer use the Withings. We used them for 3 months and they gave very useful data. The Withings blood pressure cuff is useless. It always reads high and was terribly inconsistent.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

We have a Fitbit Aria scale. It would be a nice addition...
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                  Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                  weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                    We have a Fitbit Aria scale. It would be a nice addition...
                    It would and we would have continued using ours, but currently, there is no official supported way to load Aria data directly to Apple Health.....

Comment

It would and we would have continued using ours, but currently, there is no official supported way to load Aria data directly to Apple Health.....
                      It looks like there is a FitBit Node Red module but I have not been able to get it to work. Trying to get past the authentication...
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                        It looks like there is a FitBit Node Red module but I have not been able to get it to work. Trying to get past the authentication...
                        There are several ways to get FitBit info to Apple Heath, but none are supported by FitBit or Apple. At least, none that I could find. This Withings scale and the Withings plug-in work pretty well. The BETA HS3 plug-in. There are still a few quirks, but I am getting the data I need. I am NOT HAPPY with the data I am getting, but I'm working on that! :-)

Comment

IFTTT seems to have a way? https://ifttt.com/applets/n9gPtjmX-s...th?term=fitbit

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
                            Don't quote me on this, but I THINK we tried that and the issue was that it could not differentiate two different people. That may not be correct and/or it may be fixed by now.

Regardless, the money has been spent and we are really enjoying the Withings scale. ....well, as much as someone with some extra lbs enjoys weighing themselves......

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but I THINK we tried that and the issue was that it could not differentiate two different people. That may not be correct and/or it may be fixed by now.
                              Regardless, the money has been spent and we are really enjoying the Withings scale. ....well, as much as someone with some extra lbs enjoys weighing themselves......
                              Heh, when we upgraded to better wifi it turned out the Aria was unable to connect to the Unifi access points. I had to resurrect an old linksys with a ddwrt variant on it just to provide a network for it.

And just yesterday, after more than a year, it sent out a "batteries are low" e-mail.

I looked at the Withings unit at the time but decided it was easier, WAF-wise, to just do the ddwrt thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X