Keeping Z-Troller when have a Z-Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Z-Troller when have a Z-Net

I was going to sell my Z-Troller (I know I wont get much for it) and there was a thread about this. It said to keep the z-troller to do the walk around and add devices.

Whelp before Xmas I had an issue with HS, it went down... switched to a backup copy and had items lost, etc.. it was a mess...

with that I just said screw it and uninstalled HS and cleaned up my machine.
    Reinstalled HS and it is in an HS4 folder now vs HS3 like it was..

things seem to be working great.
    First I brought in my Concord 4 panel and got all setup with that.. easy and works as always...
    then I added my Z-Net and walked around with my cell phone to and z-tool+. Started adding in devices which are zooz zwave + and intermatic zwave. Some are Z-Wave+ and some are not.
    I had problems getting some devices in. Examples are all 4 of my intermatic outlets, 1 zwave switch in my sons room, intermatic lamp and appliance modules...

so I sat back and said.. oooh ok lets do what that thread said and compliment them. Found my Z-Troller and connected it up. Got HS to see it and erased it. I wanted to make sure nothing was on it. I even did an import from it and nothing came in... so were good.

walked around the house and my sons switch added, 4 outlets added and I figured I would go get them in before I continue on. Whelp this is where it went down hill...

I imported in from the controller and it said importing in 41 devices... oh crap!!!!!!

so my questions here are simple...

why cant i get some devices to come in via z-tool+ ?
    and
    what did i do wrong in the process to have z-troller 'compliment' the z-net ?

ok so I just typed all of that.. and went to get a screenshot... interesting...
    not sure why but i have many more items now on the z-net and some on z-troller...

so... how do i clean this up? I see that some have id on both...

Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

well something isnt right...
    i see i now have 2 homeseer flood lights.. zwave id 1 and 38...
    38 works and 1 says

Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
    try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I haven’t kept up with maybe latest info. BUT when I purchased my znet years ago, the ztroller could not be used. Maybe that has changed, maybe it hasn’t.

have you a backup from several days ago?......remove ztroller restore backup and concentrate on fixing why znet won’t add those devices.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
        I haven’t kept up with maybe latest info. BUT when I purchased my znet years ago, the ztroller could not be used. Maybe that has changed, maybe it hasn’t.

have you a backup from several days ago?......remove ztroller restore backup and concentrate on fixing why znet won’t add those devices.
        that is what I was thinkin..
        Ill remove ztroller and start over.. hah.. wipe znet and redo. Didnt backup b4 i did this.

I dont want to restore an old backup as i have various old items in there and wanted to clean it all.

Comment

Backup everyday.....b4 any change and then backup some more....starting over sucks, sorry. D
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
          BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
          DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Backup everyday.....b4 any change and then backup some more....starting over sucks, sorry. D
            its funny cuz i actually like it..
            i rebuild my win10 gaming rig every 6 months.. LOL.. were talking 4tb of games, photo editing apps, cad apps for 3d printer and so much more... yeah im still a boring geek...

anyway... I was able to get more going. I think I have a bad switch as I couldnt get my front porch lights to shut off.. so i flipped the breaker and they are off.. then back on and cant turn lights on... so thinkin bum switch...

intermatic lamp and appliance modules, wouldnt go but i took them into the kitchen as the z-net is like 8ft diagonally in the basement and they added!!!!! hah... so i did them there (just 2 for now) and moved them where they go.

still my son's bedroom light which is opposite side of the house and 2 stories up wont go....

ill dab more at it later.. may swap his switch out to a zwave plus as i think it is just a zwave... i have to see what i have left as i have 8 boxes but not sure what is in each of them...

so got many dimmable lights and on/off lights in zwave and zwave+ by jasco and zooz, intermatic lamp and app modules zwave, and my honeywell zstat which is zwave only....
            so not bad...

Attached Files

Comment

....and concentrate on fixing why znet won’t add those devices.
              well not sure of the exact but i can tell you all i did was get a long cat6 cable and run it from an rj45 in kitchen to the devices or at least to that side of the house then boom... all added just fine. Guess as i am not running the z-net wirelessly.. but wired...

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-net.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1461356

Comment

Working...
              X