Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could do it in hs3 but not in hs4 ???

Hey there,

I have a bathroom light, a door sensor on the door and a motion sensor.

in HS3 I could do a simple routine to turn off the light:

If sensor has been off for at least 5 mins AND door sensor reads open , then turn off light

in hs4 you cant use "at least" and if the exactly 5 mins has passed the light would then stay on.

i cant just use the door sensor as when the bathrrom isnt in use the door is usually open but then i may run in the check something and leave without closing the door, if I take a shower i close the door but the shower is out of view of the motion sensor, but the bathroom doo is closed then.

I need a foolproof way to make sure the ligth goes out 5 mins after i leave but NOT when im in the shower or using the toilet
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Trigger with a recurring trigger of 1 second, then make your first condition: “If sensor has been off for at least 5 mins” and your second condition: “AND door sensor reads open”. It will work exactly the same. You also should add a third condition: “if the light is not equal to off” to keep the Event from running once a second when the other conditions are true. The same would be true in the HS3 Event.

Comment

Thanks, exactly what i was looking for
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Working...
      X