Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone having MYHS Issues? Don't mess with Alexa

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is anyone having MYHS Issues? Don't mess with Alexa

    Alexa cannot discover devices for me right now if not local (like printers). I've lost all HS4 control with Alexa.

    I have disable and enabled skills several times...NOTHING.

    I highly recommend not trying to fix ANYTHING related to Alexa!

    #2
    Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
    Alexa cannot discover devices for me right now if not local (like printers). I've lost all HS4 control with Alexa.

    I have disable and enabled skills several times...NOTHING.

    I highly recommend not trying to fix ANYTHING related to Alexa!
    Same here. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

    Comment


      #3
      As of this morning, Alexa still not detecting HS4 devices.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by avpman View Post
        As of this morning, Alexa still not detecting HS4 devices.
        Got this from support last night, but it doesn't work.

        Support commented:
        There's a new change where you need to enable the voice command on the root device for Alexa to discover the device. Try this on one of your devices and test.

        Comment


          #5
          FYI My HS Events are also missing from Alexa. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

          Comment


            #6
            Same for me. Alexa only discovers smart devices not related to HS4.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
              Same for me. Alexa only discovers smart devices not related to HS4.
              Did you update to 4.1.14.0? Don't do it - I was just wondering if that's what may have caused the problem for both of us.

              Comment


                #8
                While I always dealt with "guilt by association" when working on peoples data networks....

                I upgraded to 14.

                It broke.

                They confirmed the new version worked differently.

                "Worked" is the only word I'd disagree with .

                I love Homeseer, but can't see how anybody that doesn't at least somewhat enjoy the constant hassle of maintenance would. I need my voice control back. It completely handcuffs the flow of working in my studio without it.

                As a community we cut them a fair amount of slack. I often think it's my fault I'm not more patient, but they simply need the resources to remediate issues with patches faster or get better at version testing...actually both.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
                  While I always dealt with "guilt by association" when working on peoples data networks....

                  I upgraded to 14.

                  It broke.

                  They confirmed the new version worked differently.

                  "Worked" is the only word I'd disagree with .

                  I love Homeseer, but can't see how anybody that doesn't at least somewhat enjoy the constant hassle of maintenance would. I need my voice control back. It completely handcuffs the flow of working in my studio without it.

                  As a community we cut them a fair amount of slack. I often think it's my fault I'm not more patient, but they simply need the resources to remediate issues with patches faster or get better at version testing...actually both.
                  I wish they would incorporate an auto-backup, or at least prompt to do so, before any upgrade. The backup routine is already part of HS. Couldn't be too much trouble to prompt or make it automatic depending on an option setting. No?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by avpman View Post
                    FYI My HS Events are also missing from Alexa. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                    Although I am not using Alexa, in the past 2 days, the events from my HTPi have just disappeared. I was able to restore from back-up so I was lucky. But why is this happening?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The thread got split on this. My fault. Spud stated the change was not in our local HS images, but on the server side. While he didn't say MYHS specifically I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. That would mean anyone running an HS4 version probably has this issue. I hope I'm not misstating what he meant.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have no idea what changed. I disabled and linked the skill. It failed. I've done that several times. I did the same again. It found my devices. Those with voice on the feature show up as the full name...location etc. Those I had moved to the root show up correctly.


                        No idea why...but VERY much happier. Thanks for your time!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ts1234 View Post
                          I have no idea what changed. I disabled and linked the skill. It failed. I've done that several times. I did the same again. It found my devices. Those with voice on the feature show up as the full name...location etc. Those I had moved to the root show up correctly.


                          No idea why...but VERY much happier. Thanks for your time!
                          The official word from HS support is to ONLY enable the root device for voice and none of the child devices. However, this only provides limited functionality until they get the problem straightened out. Apparently, it's an Alexa integration issue. With respect to the child devices below the root device, their answer is "Single-control devices will work as expected, multi-control devices will only allow you to make use of one of the controls."

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by avpman View Post

                            The official word from HS support is to ONLY enable the root device for voice and none of the child devices. However, this only provides limited functionality until they get the problem straightened out. Apparently, it's an Alexa integration issue. With respect to the child devices below the root device, their answer is "Single-control devices will work as expected, multi-control devices will only allow you to make use of one of the controls."
                            Yeah -- that advice doesn't work for me. Single-control devices don't show up, either.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              SteveW - One thing you might check that I've NEVER be able to figure out. There are two Homeseer smart skills that show up on Alexa...at least for me. Maybe they both worked at some point, but you might try looking for and linking the other one and see if that helps.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X