No announcement yet.

Is anyone having MYHS Issues? Don't mess with Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right, and it is really annoying that they haven't deleted the old/wrong one. I'm using the "Homeseer SmartHome" skill. The other one doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Yeah -- that advice doesn't work for me. Single-control devices don't show up, either.
      If you name the root device, and then call it in Alexa, one of the child devices works. NOT an acceptable solution but at least something until they figure out how to adapt to the Alexa changes. A sticky, or notice on the status page would be helpful for those of us who went chasing our tails unnecessarily.

Comment

You're right, and it is really annoying that they haven't deleted the old/wrong one. I'm using the "Homeseer SmartHome" skill. The other one doesn't work.
        The two skills function differently. The Homeseer SmartHome skill doesn't require the extra words "tell Homeseer to..." but has limited functionality. The Homeseer Home Automation Skill requires the extra words but provides additional functionality. Jon00's Alexa Helper requires the latter skill. I only use the former. But current issues discussed in this thread aside, I don't believe either skill is "old/wrong", they're just different.
        -Wade

Comment

It's funny, an extended outage of ADT's Alexa skill is what prompted me to finally dump Pulse and switch to HomeSeer. Now a few weeks later, the same thing happens. I'm in the "lucky" situation where my stuff still seems to be working and I'm not touching it for now, but still ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

The two skills function differently. The Homeseer SmartHome skill doesn't require the extra words "tell Homeseer to..." but has limited functionality. The Homeseer Home Automation Skill requires the extra words but provides additional functionality. Jon00's Alexa Helper requires the latter skill. I only use the former. But current issues discussed in this thread aside, I don't believe either skill is "old/wrong", they're just different.
            Seriously, how would anyone know that? Where is the documentation explaining the functions of either one (don't even get me started on HS4 documentation in general)?

Comment

Seriously, how would anyone know that? Where is the documentation explaining the functions of either one (don't even get me started on HS4 documentation in general)?
              Entirely reasonable questions IMO. The blurbs in the Alexa Skills library certainly don't make it clear.
              -Wade

Comment

ts1234 The other skill is the Homeseen home automation skill - aka, "tell homeseer..."
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

First port of call would be here: https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/

Jon

Comment

Working...
                  X