No announcement yet.

Trigger or test for WAN down in event??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed a working Wireguard configuration when I updated to 2.5.0. I tested it with Linux, Windows and Android Wireguard clients.

That said was when the issues cropped up relating to IP6.

I quit playing with Wireguard and disabled it for time bean.

I was able to get 2.5.0 working with IP6 except that there were issues, then updated to 2.5.1 but still had issues.

Relating to Wireguard I have read is that it is a good replacement for IPSec VPN but not so much for OpenVPN.

Not too concerned at this time as my OpenVPN and IPSec VPN servers work great with Linux, Windows and Android clients.

The IPSec configuration has a bit more to it than the OpenVPN configuration using the wizard.

Will continue to test the Wireguard implementation on PFSense. I always tinker with PFSense adding this or that.

IE: way back when I first connected the GPS with PPS device to PFSense it was a scripted add on then the PFSense folks added it to the base and I kept debugging it and posting on the bugs list and main forum. Sort of doing that now with the newest updated PFSense. In case of a total mess up I keep backups of the configuration, another drive with a working build and another computer with 4-6 NIC ports configured identically to main PFSense box. I will be doing the same "nagging" if I have issues with the Wireguard implementation.

BTW the new CPE does IP6 fine. It is using T-Mobile network. No outside antenna at this time. 1 bar in the basement and 3 bars on the second floor. I might install it in the attic with a directional antenna. I patched the network cable to the second wan link on the PFSense box. It also provides a phone line via the RJ11 port. Only thing is that it is using an international type dial tone. With the old CPE I could configure it for use in the US. I can't do that yet.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
    Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
    HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
    X