Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 123qweasd
    replied
    If you have a "legacy" doorbell connected to an AC power supply and want to reuse the existing wiring, you can try to remove the power supply and use a dry contact solution.
    if you want to keep the AC supply then you can add AC relays to emulate the dry contacts. That's what I did here and was able to keep the two original "zones" (front and side doors). The original Chime is still in use as well.

The solution is simply two relays connected from the chime to a Sonoff Basic (or any other dry contact solution). From there you can trigger any action you want. Here I have HS speak "someone at the Front/Side door" , take pictures of the door cameras and send a Pushover message to my cell phone if my cell phone is not in the house.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210403_111855.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	1466917
    the above is hidden in a closet so no eyesore on the wall.

Otherwise if you want to start from scratch, you can either go with:
    • a full video doorbell solution (Amcrest or other)
    • some type of wireless button/chime combo or a simple wireless button (multiple solutions depending on the protocol, integration and effort level)

some nice RF and BLE solutions available here:

https://compatible.openmqttgateway.c..._filtered=true

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post
    Do you need a physical doorbell or just a control button? Integration with Zwave or any protocol?
    well... i guess i could do away and only need a button.
    what are you thinking?
    Here is our button outside, limited space.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 123qweasd
    replied
    Do you need a physical doorbell or just a control button? Integration with Zwave or any protocol?

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I use the Aeotec Gen5 doorbell. However, for the outside button I use a Xiaomi single button, zigbee via JowiHue. An event triggers the doorbell.

It works nicely since you can download various MP3 to it. One sound for the doorbell and other sounds for various doors in the house being opened.

I have a second one in our bedroom that I use to alert us at night of something unique going on in the house.

They now have the Gen6 and not sure of the differences but events will generally control what you do with it.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    started a topic Doorbells in 2021?

Doorbells in 2021?

I searched..
    found rmasonjr post from 2020 with harbor freight doorbell and ds10a from 2010... well 11y later and curious if there is anything out there more current?
    here is my current one and we are painting and wife wants a new doorbell...
    Doorbell on bottom, ds10a wire loops around glassbreak which is going to be replaced as well...

if nothing, was thinking of this.

shorter link..

https://bcsideas.com/products/dyb2003-yourbell
    Attached Files
Working...
X