Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an easy way to create a GROUP of devices to use in an Event in HS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an easy way to create a GROUP of devices to use in an Event in HS4?

Hey folks,
    Is there an easy way to create a GROUP of devices to use in an Event in HS4?So tired of recreating Alexa Groups when changes occur.

I use Alexa Groups to help control a group of devices. The main one being "the house" which allows me to turn off all but 3 lights when I tell her to "Turn off the House".

However, recreating all my groups every time the HS plugin has an issue isn't really working for me.

So, is there an easy way to create a "Group of devices" in HS? Currently, I setup a Virtual Device called the "The House" and now I can tell Alexa to turn on the Virtual Device called "The House". I have an event that I started to build that turns on the house devices, but its an awfully slow process.

Is there a way to create a Group of Devices that I can use in my Event instead?
    Or
    Is there a way to add multiple items to an event by point/click?

Thanks!

Unfortunately not a native HS feature. Check Easytrigger PI.

Comment

Easytrigger plugin does this.
      -Wade

Comment

You could easily create an event with a manually executed trigger and multiple device controls then call that event from your primary event.

Comment

I will try Easy Trigger. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
            You could easily create an event with a manually executed trigger and multiple device controls then call that event from your primary event.
            I need to create a Group called The House. I'd say about 40 or so Zwave devices. Creating this group manually isn't going to be fun. Trying to find a quicker way to do this.

Comment

Hey folks!
              Thank you. EasyTrigger was exactly what I needed. This saved me a ton of work and I'll never have to create this silly group in Alexa again!
              Woohoo!
              Regards,
              Rodney

Comment

Working...
              X