Bye bye Harmony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
    I waited for the next Pronto - never came - so I went to Harmony - now that's gone. I guess I'll have to get up off my butt and use the dial on the TV. Oh wait - can't. I'm really old.
    Me too!

I remember the "remote" we had that positioned the TV antenna. You could the dial to any point on the compass and within 15 seconds the antenna would reposition itself. It was like magic.

Comment

So what is the solution? I have TVs that need IR control and the rest of the equipment (AVRs, AppleTVs) is in an "equipment room" that needs RF control. Harmony has some issues but in my opinion they checked most of the boxes for advanced remote controls without requiring a dealer. I was really looking forward to a Harmony remote with voice input and all the buttons of a regular remote (including LCD).

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
        So what is the solution? I have TVs that need IR control and the rest of the equipment (AVRs, AppleTVs) is in an "equipment room" that needs RF control. Harmony has some issues but in my opinion they checked most of the boxes for advanced remote controls without requiring a dealer. I was really looking forward to a Harmony remote with voice input and all the buttons of a regular remote (including LCD).
        Buy a Harmony remote now (whilst still available) and then consider what's available in 5 years time when Logitech finally pull the plug?
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Buy a Harmony remote now (whilst still available) and then consider what's available in 5 years time when Logitech finally pull the plug?
          They are like $350-$600 on ebay. Even defective ones go for $150+. Crazy. There must be another solution with a touch screen and hard buttons like the Harmony.

Comment

wtf. i randomly clicked on this thread and it cost me $852 for an optimus prime! (costs more, but available from the manufacturer)

Comment

Working...
            X