Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zooz zen32 switch + scene controller (beta firmware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the other Feature entries are correct and if you want to pursue additional troubleshooting, I can send you a script to extract the current values of each parameter for the Device. We can then compare that to what they should be.

The following is how my Device is configured, YMMV

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_106342.png
Views:	99
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1504184

Roger D

Comment

Hi Roger, My parameters 1 to 21 are all 0. I am not sure why this is important since most of them just control how the LEDs work. My problem is the switch state as displayed by HomeSeer in device manager is changing with the 4 buttons if they are associated with HS.

I am in a dialogue with Agnes at Zooz. She will be asking HS to integrate the device by creating a separate entity for each button like the Cooper controllers and to look into the problem with the relay switch status changing in HS with the 4 buttons.

Comment

Archcantor

Before doing anything else, I would highly suggest removing any associations to/from other devices
        Then change parameter 19 to a value of 1

Parameter 19:
        • 1 –Enable local / physical control (from the button), enable Z-Wave control.
        • Size: 1 byte dec
        Verify that there is only one association listed it should be Group 1 to HomeSeer - No other groups go to HomeSeer

Roger D

Comment

Roger, I was skeptical but I did as you asked and the behavior changed. It is now what I expected. I was surprised to see in the HS log that HS still registers the scene changes even though the other groups were no longer associated with HS. Previously, I had all 11 groups associated with HS.

What confused me was with the Cooper controllers, all the groups are associated with HS. I thought I needed to do the same thing here.

Thanks for the solution!

Comment

Glad it worked out

Roger D

Comment

This is really a great thread for this device. I have a garage that has some outside light that I'd like to directly control (button and event) to turn them on and off so the top relay should work great for that.

But I also have inside garage lights, which the builder put the switches in the mud room and not in the garage. I want to be able to turn the internal garage lights on and off using one or more of the lower scene buttons. From what I've read, that should easily be possible by just:
              • triggering on the button press
              • turning the light on
              • so something to echo the light status on the button itself.
              • resetting the scene value to something invalid
              • tracking the current status of the actual device
              • if the scene is triggered again, issue a toggle from the HS event.

I hope that's what I've gleaned from the above. Doesn't see too expensive even on Amazon.

Sound reasonable?

Comment

Greetings George,

Yes, that sounds reasonable.

Roger D

Comment

Working...
                X