Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PC Installing HS4 (upgraded HS3)

Hello,

Just about to replace the rather flaky motherboard in the old HS PC and was just after a bit of advice regarding installing HS4 on the new one. The old box was running HS3 and was upgraded to HS4 without any issues ( installed into the HS3 folder).

When I had to do this last it was just a matter of installing HS3 on the new box and then copying the entire contents of the old HS3 folder from the old machine into the new one. This worked fine but not 100% if a similar process (install HS3 - upgrade to HS4 and then copy the old folder over) would be needed or could I get away with just installing HS4 and copying the config files, etc.

I do have database backups, etc and that might be another option - I can easily change the paths in some of the scripts that run.

The old Box runs W10 (Home) and the new one runs W10 Pro (both 64 bit) and apart from the new one being a wee bit more powerful not really much difference. I've pasted the basic info from the old box just below if that would help but would be grateful for any thoughts anyone has regarding this.

Cheers

Tony F

Date/time=13/04/2021 13:28:11 GMT Daylight Time
    Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.15.0 (Windows)
    License=Registered
    License ID=XXXXX
    MyHS Subscription=Basic
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
    Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HollyHS4.json
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: foxconn
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.19042
    Uptime=13 Days 0 Hours 44 Minutes 6 Seconds
    User/Access=default (Admin)
    Lan IP= XXXXX (XXXXXX)
    Client IP=XXXXXXX (XXXXXXX)
    WAN IP=XXXXXXXXX
    Device Count=521
    Event Count=256
    Last Event Ran=Recurring : BathUpLFailsafe, Ran at 13/04/2021 13:25:00
    # of unique event scripts=11
    Connected Speaker Clients=HOLLY (127.0.0.1)DEFAULT
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 at 2.89 GHz
    Modules/Threads=154 Modules, 117 Threads
    Available Threads=1023
    System Load=138 Processes, 13% Load
    Free/Total Memory=5.02 GBytes / 7.91 GBytes (63% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=6.26 GBytes / 9.16 GBytes (68% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=116 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=6 EXE Plug-Ins using 127 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=BLUPS 2.0.26.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,K8055 3P 0.0.0.3,mcsHubitat 4.3.14.1,Sonos 3.1.0.53,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Think I was being a bit dense here and looking for problems where there weren't any. Just followed the alternative installation method for upgrading an HS3 installation. Copied the config and data files over from the old directory, reinstalled the plugins and all seems fine.

The only thing I missed was that I had a couple of events (going out, etc.) that ran a couple of MP3's. Just had to upload them again....

Comment

Working...
    X