Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Filed A Warranty Claim On A Hue Bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Filed A Warranty Claim On A Hue Bulb?

I bought a Hue white/color ambiance bulb in Sept 2020, 4 of them actually, and one decided that it didn't want to be recognized anymore so it went incognito and split the scene. It took the latest firmware and I reset it multiple times, but after a couple of days it would become unreachable again. I spent enough time on it and decided to buy a new one to replace it instead of waiting through the RMA process.

My question is: Has anyone ever went through Signify's warranty claim process over a Philips Hue bulb? I just want to know if it's going to be a hassle or would it be easier just to cook and eat it? I will get my money's worth one way or the other

Never tried the warranty but I have had 4 Hue bulbs fail on me in recent years so I would be interested to hear how the warranty claim works out. Hue bulbs are a little too expensive to just eat the cost for failures.

Comment

upstatemike Although I lack the patience to do the customer service song and dance, I'm really in agreement with you about the costs. I swore I'd never get sucked into the $50 light bulb racket. 12 bulbs and a Hue Play later... I dread it, but I will probably call the 800 number and try it. Maybe they have some tasty recipes if nothing else good comes from it.

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering:
        • go ahead and take pictures of the serial/model on the bulb
        • Call the 800 number on support page
        • describe the issue and steps you've taken to prove it's faulty
        • they will ask you for your email address to open a ticket and you'll receive one confirming - this email will be the communication channel
        • email your pics, address, any additional info
        • they'll process and send you a replacement

Easy, just the way I like it. Proud I didn't just toss the bulb since I had already bought a replacement.

Comment

Working...
        X