Aeotec Dual Nano Without Physical Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Dual Nano Without Physical Switches

My googel-fu seems to be failing me on this one, and their tech support has not responded yet, so I figured someone here may have done this:

I have 2 recessed LED lights in my lanai controlled by one switch. My wife wants ceiling fans at each light, and in order to maintain the WAF, I have to be able to control both lights and both fans separately via z-wave only.

I'll use a Jasco switch's scenes and HSTouch tablets to control the lights and fans.

It looks like the Aeotec Dual Nano switch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) hidden in the ceiling fan cover should be able to do this with constant power going to the unit.

My question is this, does anyone know if the units will function without physical switches connected to S1 and S2, like below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aeotec Dual Nano - No Switches1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1468909

A qualified yes, as I have the older version (pre-nano) working this way. Keep in mind that an external switch lets you do things like put the nano into pairing mode without physically accessing the device, so you won't have that convenience.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
      A qualified yes, as I have the older version (pre-nano) working this way. Keep in mind that an external switch lets you do things like put the nano into pairing mode without physically accessing the device, so you won't have that convenience.
      Thanks for the confirmation!

I don't normally order products before completely understanding how they can be set up, but my honey-do list is long, and free time in this crazy world is limited at the moment.

Now that I know this - these seem like really handy little devices.

Comment

Working...
      X