IR Blaster with local control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HSAccord View Post

I only have used them via USB, so can't speak to battery life.

For the one ductless fan unit I've been able to find a code for (Gree Cooling), Auto and Fan mode work fine.

For the ones I programmed manually I just don't use those modes. Fan mode didn't matter to me for my usage, whereas Dry Mode did. 600's don't support Dry Mode.

For auto mode I just rely on HS to manage which mode it's in, factoring in a lot of data.
    Let me clarify what I meant by Auto, it's the Auto Fan mode (instead of one the preset speeds that always stays on). What I'm worried about is if someone puts the Fan Mode on high, that means once the A/C unit turns on, the fan will keep blowing even if you reach setpoint, which wastes a lot of energy. Being able to send the code for Auto Fan ensures the unit will be efficient even if someone manually adjusts it.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Let me clarify what I meant by Auto, it's the Auto Fan mode (instead of one the preset speeds that always stays on). What I'm worried about is if someone puts the Fan Mode on high, that means once the A/C unit turns on, the fan will keep blowing even if you reach setpoint, which wastes a lot of energy. Being able to send the code for Auto Fan ensures the unit will be efficient even if someone manually adjusts it.
      Got it. The way the remotes typically work, at least when you use them as learning remotes, is that they send the entire command set when you send one of the preset commands (range of cool/hot temps). So when you're teaching the zxt, you set the remote control to have the parameters you want - fan speed, vane oscillation, etc. When you set the Remotec for each individual temperature band, it also learns the fan speed and other parameters that were set on the remote.

The mitsubishi units I have contain a bunch of different options, none of them individually available on the Remotec Z-wave interface. But when I taught the ZXT the codes for the mitsus, it also learned to send the vanes and fan in whatever mode I had it set to.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by HSAccord View Post

Does that make sense?
        Based on what I read in the manuals, perfect sense. Much appreciate the insights!

Comment

Working...
        X