Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lodi
    replied
    I just solved it after a couple of hours of messing around. I unplugged the SmartStick+ and plugged it back into a different USB port and restarted HS3. I was reading a similar post that suggested this. I should have known to try it but it didn't occur to me. The system has been running so nicely for so long that I haven't messed with it in quite a while so I'm rusty. Thanks for the help ewkearns. Really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    It is probably a device currently under power. Start removing the power to individual devices to attempt to identify the bad actor. You can't go wrong removing ghost, zombie, and osolete devices.

Leave a comment:

• lodi
    replied
    ewkearns Thanks! How would you go about identifying that "crazed" device? Could it be an old node? I have a handful of phantom notes that are no longer associated with a device. Not sure how to get rid of them an they have not been a problem to date (I don't think)

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    While I am suspicious that something was changed by the update, "most nodes being successful" indicates that there might be a crazed device on your z-wave network that is spouting nonsense to all of the other nodes within its reach. I think I'd start with those two possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• lodi
    started a topic Help! HS3 Pro DOWN!

Help! HS3 Pro DOWN!

I've been running HS3Pro for quite a few years with mostly good performance. Suddenly, things are not working and I cannot diagnose. My dedicated Windows10 server restarted for some upgrades last week and HS3 stopped working. Everything looks fine but events do not run and I cannot control devices from the HS web interface or mobile app. Interestingly, the web interface detects the state of devices (on, off, dim, etc.) but I cannot control them. I am running the latest version of HS3Pro (3.0.0.548). Could my SmartStick+ be bad? I reinitialized it and there is no indication that something is wrong? I tested Node Connectivity and most nodes are successful. There are half a dozen that are unsuccessful but these might be old old ones. I was unaware of anything not working prior to this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: I will add that I can also test connectivity and optimize from the device Z-Wave tab and both tasks are successful.
    Edit 2: I can remove and add a device, however, I still cannot control that device from the device UI. And, Z-Tools App works for removing/adding.
    Edit 3: Solved. Unplugged the SmartStick+ and plugged it back into another USB port and Restarted HS3. All good!
Working...
X