Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple irrigation valve with homeseer plugin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple irrigation valve with homeseer plugin ?

Hi guys

I'm looking for a simple valve to irrgate my lawn. I don't know if you got recommadation and also if there is a plugin available

thx

The valve shouldn't matter. It's the controller that will interact with HS. I am using OpenSprinkler as my controller. Having said that, while there is a plugin for HS I really don't use it. OpenSprinkler takes weather reports into account to adjust the time the sprinkler system is on. It's definitely not perfect and I might use HS in the future to tweak it but all in all it works fine by itself.

Comment

You could just use a relay of any kind as long as it can take the voltage/amperage of your Valve.

This would be the valve (many option, this is just one), and a relay to control it of the type of protocol you currently use ie zwave, zigbee upb etc.
      https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bir...P075/202078357

Comment

Have you looked at this
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

It depends on what your needs are. Homeseer sells a zwave based water shut off valve that could work depending on what your needs are. Use that along with weather data from one of the weather plug-ins and you're golden. If you have a more complex irrigation system then a purpose built controller is a better option.

Comment

When one does irrigation the normal scenario is to use something that will automatically turn off a valve after some user-defined time. The concept is that a high level automation controller has the potential of failing when the valve is ON and you do not want the water to keep running indefinitely. There are many intelligent irrigation valves and your choice will be influenced by the technology that you have gravitated for your other automations.

What I have done is to include this supervisory logic in a smart relay. It will be programmed to unconditionally turn OFF after being ON for some period of time. This time is slightly larger than the longest time you will every keep a valve ON. HS will command ON and OFF per events or a scheduling plugin. If all goes well then the supervisory logic will never engage. If it does occur that the OFF is not received then the supervisor will turn it OFF.

I have a version of Tasmota firmware that runs in a ESP8266 microcontroller such as a Sonoff or Shelly WiFi device that performs the supervision. HS interacts via WiFi using scripts or plugin. mcsMQTT and mcsSprinklers are two that I have. Others are available.

Comment

Working...
            X