Fire Alarm that responds to commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Alarm that responds to commands?

Does anyone make a z-wave fire alarm that the alarm can be triggered by a z-wave command? I know I could create a number of events to know an alarm that is part of my wired system was going off (i have a ecolink zwave device that monitors my wired alarms sonically), so this question is really more about simplicity of design than anything else.

The room I need notifications in is soundproof and has 3 z-wave (stand alone) smoke alarms, but they can only monitor and report...you can't send them an alarm trigger.

Your best bet would probably be to get a Zwave siren that you could trigger. I know Fortrezz makes them.

Comment

mikedr - Thanks. I do have one of those upstairs as part of the security stuff. The lights would flash anyway if the other fire alarms go off. I was really just looking for a solution that I didn't need to buy extra gear other than an alarm. I'm pretty sure nobody makes a zwave fire alarm that can be hard wired into a system or that the siren can be turned on by automation.

Comment

Are you wanting to notify folks in the soundproof room that there is a fire/smoke in another part of the house? We went with Nest Smoke/CO alarms in 2017 and they have been great. A little aggressive cooking in the Kitchen and the whole house and garage know about it. "There is smoke in the Kitchen. The alarm will sound. The alarm is loud."

We have a small soundproof booth for recording. Pretty much can't hear anything while inside of it. Originally had an old X10 siren for it for emergencies.. Only went off once unexpectedly, but it scared the crap out of me and ruined a recording that I FINALLY got right. When we went Z-Wave in 2017, I bought an appliance module and a fire alarm light I swiped from my old HS's demolished main building. Now with LIFX bulbs and strips, its a much more gentle experience.

Comment

Have you looked at Aeotec?

Roger D

NVM, no US frequencies.

Comment

Working...
          X