No announcement yet.

HS3 Events Stalled... - cause found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George, one more question ... when you disable, then re-enable the Zwave plugin using Jon00, do you insert a Wait command in-between? If so, how long? I noticed yesterday that at one point the plug-in did not re-enable correctly and I had to do it manually.

Comment

I'm doing a Restart after waiting 15 seconds rather than a Wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Dhuras View Post
        George, one more question ... when you disable, then re-enable the Zwave plugin using Jon00, do you insert a Wait command in-between? If so, how long? I noticed yesterday that at one point the plug-in did not re-enable correctly and I had to do it manually.
        Yup, I've found that 10 seconds works fine.
        Here is my event that does it.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks George ....so far so good with the 10 second wait.

Comment

Unfortunately, even though I'm restarting the Z-Wave plug-in periodically I'm still running into situations whereby Events don't run. Actually, they eventually do run, but up to 55 minutes after they are scheduled to run. Oddly enough when HS3 is in this state, directives from Alexa still get successfully processed by HS3. Also, I see log entries like this:
            May-14 11:10:28 AM Event Event Startup / Shutdown Homeseer Check - Hourly check in triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
            but nothing happens, the event gets logged like it is going to be run, but does not run (until much, much later). The only sure-fire way to get HS3 back on track is to shut it down, and start it back up --- I don't think this is something I can do automagically. I remain stumped.

Comment

It's driving me nuts - I have seriously though about ditching HS because of this unreliability! An unreliable automation system is worse than no system at all!!!

Comment

My issues with HS3 Event stalls persist; I have an event that runs hourly and sends a text message to me stating that HS3 is alive and well --- today, I received 3 of these messages shortly after 5pm --- hence events were delayed by 2 hours ! (the 3pm + 4pm + 5pm text messages were send milliseconds apart after 5pm). I have tried disabling various plugins, but the problem persists. Restarting the ZWave plug-in does not resolve the problem. A HS3 restart is the only solution. One clue ... Statements like this in the log seems to precede the event stall:
                Jun-23 1:15:00 PM Log Info The log database is currently 49.8MB in size.
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info All energy database compacting routines completed.
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Database is 2.728516 MB in size. No further compaction needed.
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting remaining data...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 4 months...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 1 year...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 3 years...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 5 years...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Compacting data older than 10 years...
                Jun-23 1:06:00 PM Energy DB Info Energy database compaction initiated.

Comment

I am having the same problem and I can't seem to correlate a causation. It happens several times a day. I am on HS4 so its probably a vestige carried over from HS3. I have tried making events priority , deleted unnecessary events, still no avail. I really think HS engineering has to make a concerted effort to resolve this. I will e-mail support , I would encourage as many users to to the same.

Will

Comment

When I spoke to support last year, I was told that my system was too complex and they couldn't do anything!!

I have replaced 90% of my z-Wave with Zigbee, but still get the problem.

Scott

Current Date/Time: 24/06/2021 11:04:28
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 19 Minutes 49 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.0.100
                    Number of Devices: 1260
                    Number of Events: 527
                    Available Threads: 200
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 72
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
                    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: lenovo
                    Enabled Plug-Ins
                    1.38.0.0: Big5
                    2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                    3.0.55.0: BLGData
                    3.2.0.0: Device History
                    3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger
                    5.16.0.5: mcsMQTT
                    3.0.0.41: PHEvoHome
                    3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
                    30.0.0.41: RFXCOM
                    3.3.5.17921: SMS-Gateway
                    3.1.0.57: Sonos
                    3.0.7806.24993: UltraLighting3
                    3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
                    3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                    3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                    3.0.0.33: WeatherFlow
                    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
                    3.0.3.3: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by wkrasner View Post
                      I am having the same problem and I can't seem to correlate a causation. It happens several times a day. I am on HS4 so its probably a vestige carried over from HS3. I have tried making events priority , deleted unnecessary events, still no avail. I really think HS engineering has to make a concerted effort to resolve this. I will e-mail support , I would encourage as many users to to the same.

Will
                      Oh no. One of my potential solutions was to upgrade to HS4, doesn't seem like that will work.

...and of course today I had yet another occurance of backed up events that suddenly get run about an hour after they should've triggered. I noted this entry in the log which seemed to precede the Event stall:
                      Jun-25 1:15:01 PM Log Maintenance 383 additional records were removed from the log database to reduce its size to 0.1MB.
                      Jun-25 1:15:01 PM Log Warning Log database maintenance may be needed. (0 >= 0)
                      Jun-25 1:15:00 PM Log Info The log database is currently 0.21MB in size.

Comment

Gee the database size seems very small. What have you got it set to in your setup page? When I initially setup hs3, I set mine to 50mb with a maximum number of days to keep as 14 days and have never had any issues and I'm running with 21 active plugins.
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I had the log set for no pruning (= 0), so I assume its just dumping the items over 14 days old. This pruning seems to precede events stalling.

Comment

Will
                            I have submitted a bug report to Homeseer.

Comment

Thank you. I have done so as well, maybe we can get a critical mass and they will address this.

Comment

Thank you. I have done so as well, maybe we can get a critical mass and they will address this.
                                I received a response, their recommendation is to disable Norton 360 and test as HS is not fully compatible with Norton 360. I will wait until I have another event stall and then temporarily disable Norton to see if it resolves the event stall.

Comment

Working...
                                X