Scene Speed Lags a Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene Speed Lags a Lot

In my open kitchen, living room, and dining area, I have about 16 z-wave switches (all Inovelli Red Series) for various lights. It is a mix of LZW31-SN (Dimmer), LZW30-SN (On/Off), and LZW36 (Fan) switches (with the dimmer being the most common). I would like to set up 3 or 4 different lighting scenes. My controller is a dedicated computer running HS4 Pro with a z-wave interface (z-stick+). It sits in the living room very close to all 16 switches. HomeSeer works almost instantaneously when I control a single switch. However, when I use homeseer to set a scene (by running an event that sets each of the 16 lights) it takes about 30 seconds for the scene to fully take effect. Is there any way to get the scene to run more quickly?

One idea that I wanted to try was to go in and create an actual z-wave "scene". That way I could just send a single command instead of 16 individual commands. However, only the on/off switches appear in the list of switches to choose from. Do the dimmers and fan switches not support z-wave scenes?

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Working...
X