Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEO Smart Hub for shades?

Has anyone tried this?

I’m looking at a Top Down Bottom Up (TDBU) shade on blinds galore, and they offer the Neo Smart Hub as an option. While I don’t see a Homeseer plugin for that, it says it’s compatible with IFTTT.

I don’t have any experience with IFTTT. Can that be used to create Events in Homeseer? And make this a useful option for a Homeseer compatible TDBU shade that’s not as expensive as the Hunter Douglas option?

I have blinds galore shades controlled by Neo smart blinds controller. Did you figure out a way to integrate in HS?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
      I have blinds galore shades controlled by Neo smart blinds controller. Did you figure out a way to integrate in HS?
      No, I've been bounced back and forth between NEO support and Blinds Galore support.

Finally today, I was told that "Blinds Galore shades do not offer 'favorites' settings", which is what's needed to have Alexa automate shade movement. I haven't found a way to integrate with IFTTT or Homeseer at this point.

She said that other brands do have the ability to set favorites with the Neo Hub, but wouldn't tell me which brands those were. I think Hunter Douglas is NEO, but they're so ridiculously expensive that I'm not sure I want to bother with those.

Comment

As you have learned, BG knows nothing about the operation of these devices. They seem to simply be a marketing outfit for these particular blinds. I am a 1,000 miles from the house where they are installed, but I am confused by your statement that there are no Favorites. There absolutely is at least one favorite position...I set it and used it. However, there is only one. What I have not investigated is whether I can have a different Favorite on each channel (I think I have 14 channels), something I will investigate.
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

As you have learned, BG knows nothing about the operation of these devices. They seem to simply be a marketing outfit for these particular blinds. I am a 1,000 miles from the house where they are installed, but I am confused by your statement that there are no Favorites. There absolutely is at least one favorite position...I set it and used it. However, there is only one. What I have not investigated is whether I can have a different Favorite on each channel (I think I have 14 channels), something I will investigate.
          Do you have a Top Down Bottom Up shade or just a regular one? I think that's probably the difference. "Favorites" is completely greyed out in my phone app, and it does nothing when I try to use the remote control to create a favorite.

Comment

I have TDBU shade. What is yours?
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

I have TDBU shade. What is yours?
              I have TDBU shades with NEO BR300 hub and BF-315 Remote.

Comment

I’m not sure, but I presume our hub and remotes are similar. I do remember that there were a lot of unexplained nuances to setting up the remote. I would suggest getting on the line with neo support ( who I found rather helpful) and making them stay on until you get your favorite set up. I have now glanced at the IFTTT site and have an idea of how it works. Without being able to test it since I’m not there, I think I set up an interface between HomeSeer and neo. I might be there in a week and able to test it.
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Since the question about Neo Smart keeps popping up - I might make the plugin. I contacted the manufacturer an they provided the API docs.
                  Problem is - I don't own the controller/blinds - so I can't test the plugin.
                  If anybody is willing to do the testing and provide feedback?

Comment

NeoSmart sent me the hub, remote and a couple of motors, so I'm working in the plugin.

Comment

I submitted AKNeoSmart plugin (currently in BETA) for the NEO Smart blinds controller from neosmartblinds.com
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...80#post1548080

The second blind is TDBU:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-25.png
Views:	172
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1548093

Comment

AKNeosmartBlinds is in the updater and forum created - need to start documenting

https://shop.homeseer.com/search?typ...uct&q=alexbk66

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-configuration

Comment

Working...
                        X